What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Installed NuPro film on bags for paint protection. Install went pretty good, have a few boo-boos but can live with them. Wetter is better and don't forget to wet your fingers before pulling the film off the paper.

I got caught in a few storm cells... some of the worst I have seen here... my bike was gray and all chrome resembled brushed aluminum.... spent about 8 hours cleaning my baby.... she looks like new again.

I shopped on-line for the bike today.....does that count??:confused: :D

If you stood there.... glared at it.... smiled big....thought about what she needed... then bought something..... YES it counts!:cool:

Forgot to post earlier before adjusting shifter took the girl out for the first long ride ever. I do me ever.. 180 miles up and down the coastal A1A. Was only planning a few miles around the hood but she just wanted to go.. And so did I. Top speeds of 50 as still in break in period. Had a blast.. Was amazed at how that ride just emptied 6 months of stress crap from my head... Never thought of anything but listening to her purr.. The road.. And the need to ban women txt drivers.. All in all an awesome day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to post earlier before adjusting shifter took the girl out for the first long ride ever. I do me ever.. 180 miles up and down the coastal A1A. Was only planning a few miles around the hood but she just wanted to go.. And so did I. Top speeds of 50 as still in break in period. Had a blast.. Was amazed at how that ride just emptied 6 months of stress crap from my head... Never thought of anything but listening to her purr.. The road.. And the need to ban women txt drivers.. All in all an awesome day

Not just woman texters but all texters that are behind the wheel.

Agree... I speak only of the women I had to avoid..

Installed my Sirius Led bulbs today, rode it to work tonight to see how they shine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Added Freedom Shields 9" dark tint windshield and Klock Werks fairing vent screen. Then went for a 2 hour ride before work.

Attachments

• 20150629_101550.jpg
    20150629_101550.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150630_111046.jpg
    20150630_111046.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Been busy travelling with very little riding, but managed to spend a little $$$ and upgrade some mods on the BMW (Black Magic Woman), 2015 FLXHS in Denim Black, so here goes:

• Added the Vance & Hines Power Duals- In black of course. Thanks to the tips on this website, I managed to install them myself without any exhaust leaks and using the SE exhaust gaskets. Couple of tips: The OEM exhaust flanges- with 4,300 miles on them- were a PITA to remove as they are mashed in there pretty good- always use new exhaust gaskets, the SE ones cost about 5 bucks. I also bought new retaining circlips (about 5 bucks), just cuz they were cheap and the existing ones were deformed. They were very difficult to get onto the new headers. You have to be really patient with a pair of snap ring pliers. The bottom retaining bolt on the header pipe has to be really loose when installing, and it is still not easy to get the header pipe flanges onto the studs within the exhaust ports. Tighten flange bolts to spec!!! I used serrated star washers to keep them tight, then finished with acorn nuts on top of the OEM exhaust flange nuts so there’s no chance of them loosening up. The header really opened up the tone of the Rinehart 4” mufflers- this baby has a deep aggressive growl now. I just love the sound!

• Arlen Ness Big Sucker air filter kit (#18-442), with black back plate. Did lots of research and decided that this one was better than the HD kit you can put on. Went with this style so I could keep the OEM air filter cover.

• Vance & Hines FP-3 to tune the bike. As read on this website, this unit is very, very, I repeat… very easy to use. The only custom change I have made to it was to change the throttle response to the modified mode. Not sure if I will even attempt to Autotune as the bike is running so damn good now.

Cost of these mods was:
o V&H Power Duals: $608, ordered from American Motorcycle Repair- Oakley, CA
o Arlen Ness Super Sucker: $149- shipped, bought from somewhere online
o V&H FP3: $335- shipped, bought from somewhere online
• Finally got the pinstripes painted onto my Tour Pak: $125, Fuher Custom Painting, Antioch, CA
• Painted Gloss Black, 3 coats plus 3 coats clear coat, buffed to high gloss:
o Headlight ring
o Horn cover
o Air cleaner cover
• Kuryikyn ¾” Driver Floorboard Spacers, just wanted a little more foot room.
• FLHX gear shift linkage (PN 33857-09), been wanting this for a while. Solid billet with gloss black paint- nice looking, simple install. Got it from Surdyake.com- $123.28- shipped
• Timer Cover, Motor Co. Collection, PN 32047A-99A, to match the Derby Cover
• Front Axle Nut Covers, Motor Co. Collection, PN 44148-07A, carrying on with the motif.
• Finned Headbolt Bridge, black, PN 43859-00, fills in the left side of the motor- good finished look.
• SE 10MM Plug Wires, Red, PN 32318-08. I also put in a set of new plugs with the new header and plug wires.
• JBL DB 651 Speakers. I changed out my Pioneers with these. The overall improvement is not much to speak of. At least I do have good, rocking sound at 80 mph. I don’t want to have to change speakers again, but… I have heard the HD BOOM Audio II speakers and they sounded really good. But at $330???
• Ordered Gloss Black powdercoated Tank Console, Fuel Door, Push Button: $105, Fuher Custom Painting, Antioch, CA, to compliment the rest of the loss black parts.
• 5,000 mile service. I will be adding Mobil V1 full synthetic for the crankcase.
OK, NOW I’m ready for Sturgis! Bike is the Harley of my dreams! Looks awesome! By adding the header/intake/FP3, the bike runs super, can really feel the difference in the way it pulls- strong! The pick-up and power particularly in the 2,800 – 5,000 rpm range is phenomenal- I really have to grip the bars tighter, and the throttle response has no lag- this is the way these babys should run.

Attachments

• IMAG1242.jpg
    IMAG1242.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG1239.jpg
    IMAG1239.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Added stock Ultra seat last week. Since the new seat sets me up higher, today added 11" LRS Ultra Wide shield with medium tint.

Well I had a day off and decided to put on my saddlebag guards. They weren't to bad to do, only about an hour to complete for a novice like me. Still waiting for HD to get the painted bag hinge in as they ordered the wrong part to replace everything when it fell off after they worked on it.

IMG_0460.jpg

They look great Korazu. I'm considering some gloss black saddlebag guards for my vivid black SGS. I'm hoping they'll blend in and not show up much. We'll see, just waiting to pull the trigger. Hope you're doing well and BTW your plasma rods looked very good too.

Installed Soundz Customz Level IV w/HAT's in the lids and a Moto 600.4. Took about 5 hours then washed her and made a trip to HD for a different flash plus turning on the driving lights with High beams on. Now on a mission to find the rear speaker outputs to send to the Moto and have a working fader.

Flash - 0 amps, 4 speakers, Upper Fairing/Rear pods
Amp 2 Installed? CHECK YES Amp 1 Installed? CHECK YES

This will give you the 00_off.bin

Then did a pre-cal reset on the radio to get all the options working.
These settings result in a useable fader, as well as bass/treble control

I washed and cleaned er up again... only to get rained on in another storm... oh well.... today will be a repeat of the same... lol!!!!

Kinda don't mind the rain in 95 degree heat... feels kinda good and refreshing!:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01