What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Right there with ya Spazz... My Mysterious Red is Muddy White after yesterday.. need to fix that..
Its kinda like my guns... I enjoy cleaning them up and much as using um..

Right there with ya Spazz... My Mysterious Red is Muddy White after yesterday.. need to fix that..
Its kinda like my guns... I enjoy cleaning them up and much as using um..

Amen CrBear-I hear ya. Raining here for 4 days straight. Going to the gun range today myself!

Secured the bags with a set of Bagger Bolts. Also gave her a good cleaning after all the rain we've had the last 2 months here in Texas. Then took mama out for burgers and beer at Hooters.

Went on a nice dry twisty ride, same route that got soaked on Friday. Nice rolling country fields and cattle. Must have been 15 bikes at the breakfast stop.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I started AutoTune with the power vision and re Tqed my headpipe again.

Sent from the mobile leash

200 miles last night, cruised around and went to Soledad from San Francisco. 200+ miles today coming back to SF. lots of miles this week

As per this website, I went to Lowes and spent $10 to install some bag bolts. I went ahead and got the ones with the plastic knobs but bought some hex head bolts as well and will install those once I get everything set cuz I won't have cause to remove the bags as often. I only used one per side.
MOJO my daughter was in Tahoe this weekend and I was surprised at the rain- 100 degrees here in Antioch.
I have a couple of questions after the mods:

* I removed the Arlen Ness filter kit yesterday because I had to clean up a small oil leak- between the hole in the head from the rear scavenger and the flow port on the Ness back plate. I'm surprised because that flow is under vacuum from the intake so it's not like it's under pressure or anything. I put it back together but put a small amount of red RTV sealant where the rubber O ring seats against the bike. Haven’t ridden since, but I'm thinking it won't leak. Anybody else had this issue?

* Tuned the bike with the FP3- performance is terrific, but fuel mileage has been severely reduced. Used to get about 235 miles out of a tank, now it gets about 185. That's greater than 20% loss in mpg- quite significant for a touring bike. Is this the cost of performance??? I have sent V&H an email to ask about this. Anybody else encounter this?

* Tried the auto tune feature on the FP3- bike ran like total crap- opted to not use this feature- was just messing around with the FP3 anyway.

* Tuned the bike with the FP3- performance is terrific, but fuel mileage has been severely reduced. Used to get about 235 miles out of a tank, now it gets about 185. That's greater than 20% loss in mpg- quite significant for a touring bike. Is this the cost of performance??? I have sent V&H an email to ask about this. Anybody else encounter this?

* Tried the auto tune feature on the FP3- bike ran like total crap- opted to not use this feature- was just messing around with the FP3 anyway.

I had a similar experience in Mileage loss but it was much more significant during my "Auto Tune" process as I was trying to run the bike through the power band and was therefore cruising in 3rd/4th and 5th gear at 75MPH with gusts to over 100 in each gear in order to turn as many boxes green as possible.

My bike runs better each time I update the map as mine is still in the auto tune mode.......so on that front I suggest that you hang in there on the autotune.

My mileage was around 48ish in full stock mode and now seems to be settling in around 40 - 43MPG on the highway so it's more like a 10% reduction but in all candor we all know the factory bikes are set very lean in order to meet EPA emissions and as a pilot I know that adding fuel does make your engine run cooler and provides more power when not run LOP (Lean of Peak).......so yes this is the price of performance but probably not 20%

I run the HD SE tuner with a Dyno and my MPG's dropped about 10% but the performance and cooler running engine made it all worth it. When I refuel I try to do it while sitting on the bike and rocking the tank. It gets more fuel into it for longer in between stops.

Tranny trim cap off (heated with a hair dryer), adhesive cleaned off (used goo-off), new HD flame tranny trim cap installed. Then went for a ride. Pics are obviously out of order but getting them right is FAR too technical for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
Chad, Please provide feedback on the quality and fit of the KJET lowers, as I am sure many are interested.

Yeah, from the video I could see buying a set just to run in the colder months.

Chad, Please provide feedback on the quality and fit of the KJET lowers, as I am sure many are interested.
I'm very pleased with them, I'll do a write up on them soon. The only issue I'm having with them is they are loose at the top and are able to slide side to side, which isn't really an issue, I just added a little rubber and wrapped around the crash bar to thicken the bar up and gave the lowers more meat to tighten to. I sent the company an email about this and I'm still waiting to hear back. IMO they are worth the money, less than 200 bucks on the website

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tulsa