What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

First time doing 3 hole oil change on the street glide special. 5,000 miles....Wasn't hard at all and saved a lot of money. Went with mobile one V twin synthetic 20/50 weight. Also used Amsoil primary fluid and Amsoil transmission fluid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First time doing 3 hole oil change on the street glide special. 5,000 miles....Wasn't hard at all and saved a lot of money. Went with mobile one V twin synthetic 20/50 weight. Also used Amsoil primary fluid and Amsoil transmission fluid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for you! More folks can do it if they quit listening to the dealer threatening voided warranties!

Good for you! More folks can do it if they quit listening to the dealer threatening voided warranties!

But if I do it myself I won't get my free tires any more. :( LOL Since I just got two free tires at the same time, I can't see letting them milk me on 3-4 more dealer services. But still on the fence. As long as I keep letting them do the services I get "free tires for life." Or until the Dealer Prime sells or dies.

But if I do it myself I won't get my free tires any more. :( LOL Since I just got two free tires at the same time, I can't see letting them milk me on 3-4 more dealer services. But still on the fence. As long as I keep letting them do the services I get "free tires for life." Or until the Dealer Prime sells or dies.
They had me on the same hook. Free tires which last 20k miles and cost $500 as long as I pay $300 every 5k miles. Oh and I still had to pay labor for mounting. Now I go to a different dealer. Buy the tires there and they are mounted for free.

I spend about $65 on filter and oil doing all 3 holes. Even if I do all 3 holes every time that's 20% of the cost, I just don't get a pencil whipped check list doing it myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah saving the money was good enough for me to replace all (3) drain plug bolts with new bolts, o-rings and much stronger magnets to catch any metal floating around. These magnets are much stronger than stock. Also have 3 black hole magnets mounted to the outside of the new chrome oil filter. Lastly, cleaned and recharged the k&n air filter and external breather from DK customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a good ride yesterday. Beautiful country up there on the northeast side of MI.

8a171d9129f6a7f05d31ccb1fac7f1e2.jpg

I didn't pay attention to my rear brakes and destroyed a rotor. Sat since May12th and i just got it fixed Saturday. Now it sits again waiting for the rain to clear. All my fault there!

After raining for a good portion of my ride Saturday, I had to get a good wash in.
Still trying to find an easy way to get the wheels cleaned up.

b57de0e307d9ca7645e90f8a6d946a20.jpg

Bought then returned fork fangs. Found out personally they don't fit with passing lamps. There is no note on Harleys website that they don't fit with passing lamps (they specify it doesn't fit with them on 96-13, mines a 14).

I had my mechanic disable the ignition switch so the bike starts and runs with just the on/off switch. Ignition Key Switch only used to lock forks now. They should do this to all bikes from the factory.

Well I'm not sure I have posted here before. Today I sent my front forks to Traxxion a friend just got his back and loves them and he is way more particular than I am. I also installed some Infinity Kappa 62.11i front speakers in the front fairing. The speakers fit perfect with very little customizing , just following one of the members on here video maybe Spazz. His video is very well done. They sound ok I think they need a amp to really sound good. I have a Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x2 amp that I will install next, I ordered biketronic line levelers to go with it. I also ordered some Factory 47 12" bars and started the tear down for that today also and will run wiring for the amp since I have the tank and fairing off. I will try to post pictures if I can figure out how to post on this site at a later date. I have a 2016 Street Glide Special.

Washer and waxed her. Then ran some errands around town, taking the long route. It's still hot as balls here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith