What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Friday and Saturday we’re REALLY nice here in NY, and while roaming around Sat, I realized I wasn’t too far from Woodstock so I headed that way and stopped by the field at Yasgurs farm and took a walk around the museum there. Cool place!

81B6F192-A9BC-4BB7-8876-0D4233E95E2B.jpg

9DC40C08-28A7-40A3-9D5F-0A4898E74AD6.jpg

I installed this from Kuryakyn..

420ff390f1e874ed22f79eb7b6789adc.jpg

2413c1b7478d55a853f0d01a66cd27f6.jpg

Cover for the plug wires..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While changing the oil on my 14 SG, one of the damn bolts on the derby cover stripped out, tried everything and ended up having to tow it to local dealership. $30 later, I was good.

Finally dropped that Harley synthetic oil and switched to Mobil One Fully Synthetic with the K&N oil filter. Must say after riding, bike shifted easier, and engine felt smoother. Maybe my mind was playin tricks lol. Either way, cheaper than that HD Syn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to listen to one of those short videos and it is amazing. He posted a picture and I knew you had made it up there finally. Welcome to the Soundz club brother.

We need to set up a ride when the weather starts acting right.

I have to say I am happy to join the Soundz family. You let me know when you wanna ride Tom and I will do my very best to be there. Grab Kev and Spazz and the fun can begin

HELP! 2015 Street Glide Special
Problem: was replacing the front suspension with progressive mono tubes- all was good, then the inner fairing, which was propped up, fell over against the front of the bike- damaging the new gloss black slider covers I had just installed, and some of the wires tore out of their housings: red and black wires from the left heated hand grip and four wires from the right hand controls. Additionally, this action set the alarm off (I have an audible siren kit). When this happened, it blew fuses: Radio/20 Amp, Batt/5 Amp, P&A/20 Amp. I replaced the fuses and also replaced the P&A Relay under the left side panel.

I’m getting absolutely nothing from my right hand controls. No ignition, media, turn signals, 4- way flashers, absolutely nothing from the right hand side. I repaired the torn wires and checked continuity from the start point (right side hand controls) to the point where they connect into the main harness and I have continuity so I know the wires are carrying current.

When I checked the diagnostics, codes were being thrown in the ECM, BCM, ABS, and Radio. I have tried to clear all of the codes and they keep coming back. Some of the codes I’m getting include:
• U0001, CAN BUS error
• U0142, Lost Com w/RHCM

Next thing I will probably do is disconnect then re-connect the battery. I think what happened is when the wires tore the bike’s security system may have reacted as if the bike was getting stolen. I’m at my wits end and do not want to have to get a trailer and trail my bike to HD- after completing my $5,000 spring modifications. I have to figure out why this right side cluster is not operating.

Any assistance provided would be much appreciated. I should note that currently the front fairing is pulled off so the bike is without front turn signals and a headlight so I will get codes in the BCM- not worried about clearing them right now. Is there some kind of reset I have to do, or what?

Sorry to hear of your trouble's with this. I know we always pull the 50 amp fuse under the left side cover when doing installs and also use it for resetting the system. Not much help with wiring I can handle the simple stuff but count on brother Spazz for that kind of thing.

I grabbed some black front tow hooks from ebay to replace my harley chrome tow hooks... that little bit of chrome in the midst of a black front end really bothered me... installed the black ones and it is all good now.

Last edited:
I pick mine up after theSoundz Custumz sweet Azz sound system. Major shout out to Spazz (Reno Bagger Audio) on a great job and thanks to Peter for making such an amazing system.

Last edited:
Well have had the new bike just over a week now and although the M8 sounds okay stock it just wasn't enough LOL. So I ordered a set of Bassani DnT Straight Can Slip Ons, a K&N High FLow Filter, front and rear Ciro 3D LED Turn Signals, a Custom Dynamics Magic Strobe Demodulator and an FP3. Already had the bike stripped down when the parts got here and after just 2 hours had everything installed, the demodulator setup, the FP3 flashed to my bike and everything back together.

The Dnt stands for Deep and Throaty and that is exactly what I got. Sounds great. Not anywhere as loud as my Vance and Hines Short shots that were on My Dyna but I can definitely hear the difference from the stock mufflers. Still running with the stock headers till I find something I like, be interested to hear what others of you might be running.

The Ciro's are fantastic. The front turn signals are white till you turn the flasher on then go amber. Makes for additional lighting at night. I had already installed LED bulbs in the stock headlight and now it is really bright.

The rear signals are way brighter than the stock lights and the demodulator makes sure that people behind me notice that I am stopping.

Last edited:
Installed kuryakyn extended brake lever and decided to balance things out with my spare +2" shift lever. Plenty of room for the boot now!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haha OK here you go. Ignore the finger in the picture... My phone actually captures more than it shows on the screen!
91e6758f50e9ad2d8d8bac967d169310.jpg
fab885b25537b6f9f6beed11497807a8.jpg

Rode a little over 300 miles. Got plenty of time in the twisties and bike did great. Even surprised me with its available power accelerating up a hill, even for still being completely stock

Down side, it's now warm enough that the tar they use for crack sealing is getting soft. Even a gentle (relatively speaking) roll on in a turn sent by rear tire breaking free.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith