What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

I will be getting mine as soon as I can ride over the summit as well Tom. Just a 4 speaker set though no lowers for me. I wouldn’t think of going anywhere else.

I'm with you brother Spazz is very good at what he puts his mind to do and I would only use 1 other guy for this kind of work and he's supplying Spazz with his stuff. Not to rub it in but I looked at your boxes of stuff waiting for you ha ha ha.

Took a nice 300 mile ride. Temps were great in the high country which made returning to the 90s less pleasant. Almost at 10k miles!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Edited for punctuation.

Took a nice 300 mile ride. Temps were great in the high country which made returning to the 90s less pleasant. Almost at 10k miles!

Edited for punctuation.

You're at almost 10K on your new 2018? If so, you're getting it in aren't you? I ain't mad at ya! I wish I lived somewhere with nice weather year around. That has got to be very nice!

Last edited:
Yup purchased 4 months ago and almost 10k on the clock. I gotta get some oil and I should just do the oil change tomorrow, next week is bike week and shooting (if work gives me the time off!) so I feel pressed for time. I know, if I rode less maybe I'd have more time!

Warmed up a lil bit and was able to ride 100 miles today. Half way started to rain and got cold, had to turn around and get home.

I'm with you brother Spazz is very good at what he puts his mind to do and I would only use 1 other guy for this kind of work and he's supplying Spazz with his stuff. Not to rub it in but I looked at your boxes of stuff waiting for you ha ha ha.

That’s not nice Tom. Lol

Changed oil, engine and primary. Tried that doohickey you stick under the oil filter so you don't dribble oil down the frame and I completely failed. Good thing my pan was already in place.

9800 miles on the odometer.

While I was at the dealership, I asked if they could still do a 'stage 1 reflash' or if you HAVE to buy the tuner. Service guy said you have to buy the tuner as they took away their stage 1 reflash ability. Even at their insane service prices, that's another $180 on top of a stage 1 (while playing by Harleys rules).

Sorry not looking to start another warranty and magnum moss argument, just reporting what I was told.

Checked the exhaust flange nuts on my 2018 SGS (562 miles on the odometer) and found that all four of them were loose. The front two were really loose and more than likely the cause of what I believed to be an exhaust leak (annoying ticking sound). Tourqued them all down using the proper sequence and setting and now all is good.

Huh you just triggered a flashback. I helped my friend change headers on his fls and I remember that all his flange bolts were super loose. I know the torque spec for the exhaust flanges is quite low (50 inch pounds iirc?) but I remember them being closer to the point of 'spontaneously falling off'.

Huh you just triggered a flashback. I helped my friend change headers on his fls and I remember that all his flange bolts were super loose. I know the torque spec for the exhaust flanges is quite low (50 inch pounds iirc?) but I remember them being closer to the point of 'spontaneously falling off'.

Yep. This is something that I always check on both bikes. The 2015 heat shields are oriented in such a way that I can access all four flange nuts without loosening the heat shields. The 2018 requires loosening the heat shields to access all four nuts. Glad I checked them and corrected the issue before I start riding and logging data with my SE Pro Street Tuner. A leak certainly would have thrown off the calibration.

Changed oil, engine and primary. Tried that doohickey you stick under the oil filter so you don't dribble oil down the frame and I completely failed. Good thing my pan was already in place.
Never could get the plastic to work for a drain. I just use a thin cardboard 4 or 5 inches wide a foot long or so. Put a crease down the middle and slip it in under the filter put you pan under the other end. Never spill a drop.😎

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Never could get the plastic to work for a drain. I just use a thin cardboard 4 or 5 inches wide a foot long or so. Put a crease down the middle and slip it in under the filter put you pan under the other end. Never spill a drop.��

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have one of the orange oil channel drains too. It works, but if you're not careful you can still make a mess with it. Cardboard as you mentioned might even work better.

Did my first maintenance on my first Harley (17 SGS)! Three hole oil change. Used Redline shockproof in the transmission, Redline primary oil and Castrol Power1 V-Twin in the crankcase. After about 80 miles, the transmission shifts like butter, no clunk going into 1st gear from a stop. Stuff smells wretched, but seems to do the job.

Upgraded the turn signals to Custom Dynamics Pro Beams...dramatic difference in light output. Lastly, installed the Harley Electro-glo lights on the bags and Harley tri-bar light upgrade. The rear end is lit!

I’ve had pretty good luck stuffing a few of those blue shop paper towels down under the filter. Screw it off and tip it down and away (so the oil stays in the filter, and then pull the blue rags out.

Still get a little, but it’s minimal and cleans up easily. It is an awkward deal, but that’s just the way it is. I didn’t care very much for cut soda bottles or that plastic thing under the filter, but that’s just me.

Did my first maintenance on my first Harley (17 SGS)! Three hole oil change. Used Redline shockproof in the transmission, Redline primary oil and Castrol Power1 V-Twin in the crankcase. After about 80 miles, the transmission shifts like butter, no clunk going into 1st gear from a stop. Stuff smells wretched, but seems to do the job.

Upgraded the turn signals to Custom Dynamics Pro Beams...dramatic difference in light output. Lastly, installed the Harley Electro-glo lights on the bags and Harley tri-bar light upgrade. The rear end is lit!
And the best part is you just saved like $200. I used red line once in my tranny. 3 changes later, it was still pink and smelly!

I took a four-day 900-mile ride through northern Arizona last weekend. There was nine of us and the weather was great; the only issue was that is was over too quickly!

Snow in the forecast for today so I used the time in the garage to freshen up the sparkle on the paint job. Then I added a black jiffy stand and black starter cover.

Last edited:
Well, I dropped mine off at Reno bagger audio (Spazz) to have a bit hen sound system installed. The sound is amazing Peter Jensen has done an amazing job with the system and Spazz’s install is second to none. Have been getting pictures all day with updates. It will be well worth the 4 hours of riding I have to get it to him.

I got to listen to one of those short videos and it is amazing. He posted a picture and I knew you had made it up there finally. Welcome to the Soundz club brother.

We need to set up a ride when the weather starts acting right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henz