What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Ruffian - I’m not sure if it’ll work on the Glide but I had my IPhone mounted on my Road King using a Rokform mount. You can check their site, a little pricey but it held it rock solid and they also had auto mounts so I could swap the phone around easily. Very nice product.

Ruffian - I’m not sure if it’ll work on the Glide but I had my IPhone mounted on my Road King using a Rokform mount. You can check their site, a little pricey but it held it rock solid and they also had auto mounts so I could swap the phone around easily. Very nice product.

I think the problem was mounting it to the metal back of my phone. I had a metal plate for the car that came off easier than the same one mounted to my otter box. I think that’ll work way better. I’ll give that a shot before abandoning this mount. I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there a special procedure for flushing brakes with ABS? There is for many cars & trucks due to the ABS valves in some ABS brake systems. I’ve never owned a bike with ABS before, so just wondering.

No special procedure that I'm aware of. I had the rear brake line completely removed from the rear caliper last season when I installed the modified swingarm and did not encounter any problems or ABS codes after the bleed was completed. I will be bleeding them using the gravity method which is IMO the best way to do it. I say that because I have tried Mighty-Vac pumps and such in the past and they do not work as well as this method for me. I also used this same method on my 2013 Mustang GT which had ABS and once again, no ABS codes or problems. The only thing to note is you should start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder (i.e. left front caliper and then right). The rear is separate and can be done before or after the front calipers.

2. I installed the IO phone mount. I was worried that the magnet wouldn't be strong enough. Instead of the magnet disconnecting from the mount, the magnet popped off my phone. Now I have to look into stronger mounting options for the magnet... Definitely not the problem I thought I would have.

I have been using the Klock werks magnet mount for the last couple of years. The best phone cover I have found is the Pelican protector case with the hard plastic back. Have never had an issue with the metal disc coming loose. I can say it holds up at 120 plus in heavy wind.

No special procedure that I'm aware of. I had the rear brake line completely removed from the rear caliper last season when I installed the modified swingarm and did not encounter any problems or ABS codes after the bleed was completed. I will be bleeding them using the gravity method which is IMO the best way to do it. I say that because I have tried Mighty-Vac pumps and such in the past and they do not work as well as this method for me. I also used this same method on my 2013 Mustang GT which had ABS and once again, no ABS codes or problems. The only thing to note is you should start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder (i.e. left front caliper and then right). The rear is separate and can be done before or after the front calipers.

Thanks, that’s really good to know.

I have been using the Klock werks magnet mount for the last couple of years. The best phone cover I have found is the Pelican protector case with the hard plastic back. Have never had an issue with the metal disc coming loose. I can say it holds up at 120 plus in heavy wind.

Thanks for the info, I was reading up on it and it appears that the metal back of the iPhone 7+ (any iPhone with a metal back) causes the pad to not stick. I have an OtterBox case on the phone, and I think that should work well. It would seem the plastic is better for adherence. I will post back when I have some time on the setup.

Thanks for the info, I was reading up on it and it appears that the metal back of the iPhone 7+ (any iPhone with a metal back) causes the pad to not stick. I have an OtterBox case on the phone, and I think that should work well. It would seem the plastic is better for adherence. I will post back when I have some time on the setup.

I always used Otter boxes also until I got the magnetic mount then switched to the Pelican because the back is stiffer then the otter box. With the otter box it flexed a lot and made me worry about it coming off.

Just my 2 cents

I always used Otter boxes also until I got the magnetic mount then switched to the Pelican because the back is stiffer then the otter box. With the otter box it flexed a lot and made me worry about it coming off.

Just my 2 cents

Man! the things you can learn just by hanging out here! Who knew??

Just my 2 cents

We're down the rabbit hole now... I have the Otter Box Commuter. It's a one piece case, and is similar in design to the Pelican you posted. I am going to get a chance to try it tonight. I will get back with you.

Man! the things you can learn just by hanging out here! Who knew??

The internet is a crazy place...

Do those free floating rotors help smooth out the front brake feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had 22K on the ones I removed, still had pad left.

Changed because I wanted the look of the rotor.

Brakes do make a noise when applying the brakes because of the slots/holes in the rotors.

Can't say anything about the feel of the brakes yet ..haven't ridden the bike but a half a mile to make sure it all works.

Ken

Installed Advanblack lowers and Hogtunes speakers in the lower and upper fairings with amp. In my opinion the Hogtunes were well worth the money and didn’t break the bank!

9a289cb067e2298632fe469f8106f1d3.jpg
fc36e15130d868fc58c8baa2a09e83a3.jpg
02e64285912512baab7d90e6eb3f769d.jpg

I finished the stage one upgrade today with a S&S Stealth air cleaner. I decided I wanted to keep the stock air cover which is one reason I chose the S&S.

I also completed the light transformation with the HD Electra Glo LED Saddlebag lights and Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes Flasher. I am more comfortable with being seen by the cages behind me now. The HD saddlebag light install was tough as I could not get the main module onto the battery bracket. I ended up zip tying around it to hold it in place.

I also installed a Kuryakyn wind deflector and the HD Audio Shorty AM/FM Antenna. The antenna works very well. I tried a Stubby antenna, but that did not work for me.

Honestly, I am tired of working on the bike. I have owned it for a month and I have spent more time working on it than riding. However, I am mostly ready for my trip next month in Arizona. Ready to ride!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peeta407N