What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

I finally managed to get 600 miles on the big bore kit the other day, so I drained the oil and that gave me the chance to install the oil temp gauge I’ve had waiting on the bench a couple of months. Seeing the post from fishin1789 showing his air pressure gauge motivated me to get off my butt and do it. It feels good that it’s done.

I finally managed to get 600 miles on the big bore kit the other day, so I drained the oil and that gave me the chance to install the oil temp gauge I’ve had waiting on the bench a couple of months. Seeing the post from fishin1789 showing his air pressure gauge motivated me to get off my butt and do it. It feels good that it’s done.

Will you post pics and notes of your install please?

Will you post pics and notes of your install please?

This photo is not great, I took it after work tonight. I installed an Auto Meter Pro-Cycle, 2 1/16" diameter. It is vibration and water resistant, and comes with an 8 foot wiring harness and the sender unit. Everything you need except the 2" hole saw to cut into the fairing. Although it is a 2 1/16" diameter, just use a 2" saw and the gauge will fit perfectly snug without being too tight. They have three models in this class; 19540 19640 or 19740. The difference between them are the colors. I chose 19740 with the white face and blue LED lighting. It does not match the stock factory instruments that have a light grey face and orange lighting, but those colors were not an option in this model. I would have preferred a matching face and back light color, but it was more important to me to have Auto MEter quality and a model rated for motorcycle conditions.

Install was not difficult. I thought I'd need to install a thin piece of wood behind the fairing to help support the gauge, but was surprised at the light weight of the gauge and thickness of the fairing plastic. It was easy to remove the pipe threaded plug in the oil pan and install the supplied sending unit. The sender is a 1/8" pipe thread, but Auto Meter includes two adapters of larger sizes, and the 3/8" fits. I first installed the sender into the adapter on the bench before then installing into the oil pan. Use high temp thread sealer on both joints. It's a pipe thread, so you need to be careful when installing it in the oil pan. Use the proper torque. I needed a crows foot to get on it.

That's all I can think to pass on about this mod, except that I already love it. I took in for a quick test run in my sweat pants and jacket in 35 degree weather. It was only 10 miles, but froze my butt off. The gauge worked! It appears to hold it's last temp when you turn the bike off.

IMG_3941.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my. That looks good. But you are gonna start a whole thread on just how hot it should be.....lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I installed saddlebag guards and a FP3 tuner. I also ordered a set of Cobra 909s ($319 delivered – have to love Amazon!).

This forum is great. There is a lot of wisdom here, but as someone else has pointed out, all your wisdom is costing some money! I was not planning on the saddlebag guards or the tuner, but the discussions here convinced me otherwise. It is much appreciated; I know I am better off. Besides, its just money, right? I will get more next payday.

The gauge looks great CoHam, nice job!
SeaLion, post up a pic of the side case guards when you get em mounted.

Here are the new saddlebag guards. I was not sure I would like them, but I really like the look. In addition to the safety/handle aspect, I use the guards to attach my travel bag to the back seat when I travel.

SBG1.jpgSBG2.jpgSBG3.jpg

Had an awesome little 160 mile ride from El Paso, TX to Alamogordo, NM today. Had to take advantage of the 80 degree temps.
29fe8b76ba28697f1beb93be17d11a7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please not post this stuff this time of year.
My lane still has about 2" of ice on it, so I can't even get to pavement for about 2-3 weeks.
I don't mind riding down to 25 or so but if the lane is totally ice covered I usually give it more time, lol.

I like ‘em! Do you have an HD part number?

Got a kick out of the “Wild Hog”sign too LOL

This is the part I installed. There is a great thread here somewhere about the pros and cons of installing them (sorry, I cannot find it again). I was not even thinking about this addition, but that thread convinced me. I am glad I have them.

I got the Wild Hogs sign from where they shot the movie, at Maggie's Dinner in Madrid. That was a great day.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/sto...Page=true&pageView=image&resultCatEntryType=2

Rode 200 miles. It was windy as hell but that made the straight roads a lot more entertaining

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can you please not post this stuff this time of year.
My lane still has about 2" of ice on it, so I can't even get to pavement for about 2-3 weeks.
I don't mind riding down to 25 or so but if the lane is totally ice covered I usually give it more time, lol.

I found a solution to that problem for you...

Attachments

• 2A900348-E5D3-4910-A054-48C950AD20B7.jpg
    2A900348-E5D3-4910-A054-48C950AD20B7.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks SeaLion I’ll ask about em down at the dealer. 1 tip over would cost a lot more than $239 I’d think.

I installed Cobra 909 slip-ons and re-flashed the FP3. I have not gotten in a test ride (I have grandson duty today – solo!), but the startup in the garage had a nice sound, just what I what I was looking for.

I installed a kuryakyn/jim nasi dash with a roland sands contrast cut gas cap.looks so much better than the factory dash 👍

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469