What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

3b75f0f51e12c50b42c2acaed6e6a58f.jpg

e86ee71996f05dc1fa470df01780acad.jpg

7312bf69a079fc2deb96215aebdfbe00.jpg

3 above Celsius so i went to my plastic shed and put on my road6customs bars.
Wired up. Need to put on the grips and tie it all up. Dark now have to finish another day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Installed a chrome curved lay down license plate frame/ new black contrast cut shift rod / driver back rest (long over due) / and new Ohlins 772 Blackline 13" rear shocks for my SGS.

The Ohlins shock were a pretty penny but night and day difference from the stock shocks. My first Harley so I didn't know how bad stock shocks were until I took these for a spin. If I buy another HD this will be one of the first things I upgrade!
dfe46179ee2e8c3eb24afac1274252eb.jpg
b5ae75ffbe9ca79a99a87b9518ec06eb.jpg
1ae17096608bf7a17495977e495dc3ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rode a little but yesterday. Decided I really wanted foot pegs before my trip at the end of the month so I bought pegs and mounts while at the dealership. Looking to replace my T-bag stow-a-way and may have found a off brand that I like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Over the past couple weeks, I installed a CB radio. I found a used one on eBay for $175 and so far it works. I am using the J&M Flexpower hidden CB Antenna. I'm thinking of adding an antenna to the tour pak so I'll have better reception while on road trips. The Flexpower has an extra plug for another antenna. I don't have a headset to plug into the 7-pin port to check transmit/receive quality, but will be getting a Sena Freewire bluetooth adapter. I also talked to the dealer today about flashing the radio and was told as long as the radio recognizes the CB, then I don't need a flash.

So today, while I was on a PGR mission, my shifter dies on me. I go to up-shift and all I feel is floppy shifters. I pull over and sure enough, the splined shaft has stripped. I manage to get a tow truck and have it towed to the dealer. I might add, Riverside HD in Riverside, Cal ROCKS! This happened at around 3 pm and they told me their service department closes at 5 pm. No problem, right? By the time my tow-truck arrives, almost 2 hours later, I'm pissed and had called the dealer telling them that if I can't get there before 5, then make sure the part is available and I'll install it myself. Riverside is about 80 miles from my house and there is no way my wife is driving in SoCal traffic to pick me up...especially on a Friday night. While waiting for the tow truck, I took out my tools and took the old shifter shaft out, thinking that when I get to the dealer, it won't talk long to install the new one. I do have an extended warranty on the bike but the dealer tells me the warranty won't pay for the part if I install it myself. The service manager tells me its a Harley thing. Crap...the other choice is to leave it overnight and sleep in their parking lot somewhere, cuz like I said, my wife is not coming to get me with all those drivers trying to get out of town. When I finally got to the dealer at 6:30 pm, they told me they decided to keep one of their mechanics on overtime to fix my bike so the warranty will pay for it. They even washed my bike afterwards. I felt so gracious I gave the service manager a couple $20's to buy the crew some beer....BTW, this is the 3rd shifter shaft thats been on this bike. The SM told me I should have no more problems though. He said Harley is making it from harder metal and before they only torqued to pinch bolt to 90 in lbs but now they torque it to 120 in lbs. We'll see....

Wednesday I took off for Texas. Got to Fort Stockton before I decided to call it a day. That was about 670 miles which left 330 miles left to Austin which I completed Thursday morning.

Today, I left the hotel in Austin at about 9 am central. Weather was perfect and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I just kept riding and riding until I was back in AZ at which point I figured I might as well ride the last leg instead of getting a hotel so close to home. So, I filled up one last time and headed home. According to good maps, it's 1008 miles. Took me 16 hours door to door.

BTW Texas is huge. You can ride across New Mexico in about 3 hours, but after 8 hours in Texas you've only made it to the half way point!

Sounds like you had yourself a really good time! The way I see it, any day a guy can ride is a good day. I've only found one guy recently, who begged to differ with me. He was on a new CVO at the dealership when I picked up my 2018 after having the radio flashed. I said to him, "Great day for a ride huh?" He immediately came back with, "Not really." Temps were in the 50's and that's how he felt, I guess...SMDH

Changed the engine oil. This trip put me at 5541 miles. Oil level was a little low so I'll have to keep an eye on that. Forgot to check my air cleaner so that's next on the list.

Just looking at it today- single digit temps and icy roads. I ordered several new engine trim pieces this weekend- icy weather is a good time to pull parts and make some changes.

Picked up my Top Shop 4 1/2" stretched bags and Minister rear fender w/ custom artwork and did the install. Too bad it's snowing, I'm itching to ride!

IMG_1143a.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up my Top Shop 4 1/2" stretched bags and Minister rear fender w/ custom artwork and did the install. Too bad it's snowing, I'm itching to ride!

IMG_1143a_zpscwcjhqnk.jpg

Rear end looks real nice! I like the single exhaust cutout on the bag to complement the 2 into 1 pipe.

Rear end looks real nice! I like the single exhaust cutout on the bag to complement the 2 into 1 pipe.

Thanks. Some people hate the 2 into 1 but I like it. To me it's a bit different than every bike out there.

Thanks. Some people hate the 2 into 1 but I like it. To me it's a bit different than every bike out there.

Installed a new rear tire and went for a short ride. 36 degrees is not that bad with heated gear. Plus it helps to prevent PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome).

Took delivery today!

Took delivery today!

My 2017 SGS arrived today. I must admit, it looks better than I thought it would! Unfortunately, it came as the sun (and temperature) was dropping.
2017SGS.jpg

Rode about 200 miles. Stopped at the dealership for mirror extensions but talked myself out of grabbing a saddlebag organizer. I did end up picking up some new Willey x sunglasses though!

My 2017 SGS arrived today. I must admit, it looks better than I thought it would! Unfortunately, it came as the sun (and temperature) was dropping.
View attachment 14198

That’s a beautiful bike. I’ll be watching for that red M8 on the road. This time of year, because it’s still too cold and sandy in the foothills, my favorite ride is south out of Elbert County then west through Black Forest and north through Palmer Lake and Larkspur before heading back east through Castle Rock. I’ll be they guy on the black 2016 with no tank emblem. Have fun on the new scoot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469