What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Removed my shorty antenna and installed the stock whip under the Fender. Took it for a 200 mile test ride including getting a plug for the antenna hole. Radio reception still sucks but my rear Fender is now symmetrical!

Think my reception is actually engine related. Parked and off, it's fine. Cruising it's OK. Idle it's terrible. It did also seem worse when I turned on my hazards. Back to my USB stick full of music!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Removed my shorty antenna and installed the stock whip under the Fender. Took it for a 200 mile test ride including getting a plug for the antenna hole. Radio reception still sucks but my rear Fender is now symmetrical!

Think my reception is actually engine related. Parked and off, it's fine. Cruising it's OK. Idle it's terrible. It did also seem worse when I turned on my hazards. Back to my USB stick full of music!

That’s helpful info. I have been exploring options to get rid of the long whip antenna. On a friend’s recommendation, I purchased a Stubby antenna. It looks great but does not work for me. I live outside the city in the unincorporated county, so I know I can’t be too picky. Next, I am planning to try the shorter HD antenna. I am hoping that will be an acceptable compromise.

That’s helpful info. I have been exploring options to get rid of the long whip antenna. On a friend’s recommendation, I purchased a Stubby antenna. It looks great but does not work for me. I live outside the city in the unincorporated county, so I know I can’t be too picky. Next, I am planning to try the shorter HD antenna. I am hoping that will be an acceptable compromise.
You could always try tucking your stock whip into the Fender, it's a simple reversible mod and you can determine if it works for your bike/radio. My shorty antenna was giving me bad reception which is rediculus considering I live a flat 15 mines from the antennas. I did not have this reception problem on my 14 even with the same brand led head lights and signals. I may try putting the whip back in its original place but I wanted to be rid of the antenna all together as it was getting in my way when putting my tool bag on the luggage rack.

The antenna mount is held on with one bolt. Taking that out, you can remove the mount and then the coax cable is held on with 2 nuts. It was easy to remove and then I reinstalled it through the hole on the mount that has the rubber grommet. Antenna just pokes through the Fender rail space and ended just under the tank.
3695a1b142bf4609c056ca2fffa54595.jpg
d3407252142dce608bd48a14e82c4308.jpg

You could always try tucking your stock whip into the Fender, it's a simple reversible mod and you can determine if it works for your bike/radio. My shorty antenna was giving me bad reception which is rediculus considering I live a flat 15 mines from the antennas. I did not have this reception problem on my 14 even with the same brand led head lights and signals. I may try putting the whip back in its original place but I wanted to be rid of the antenna all together as it was getting in my way when putting my tool bag on the luggage rack.

The antenna mount is held on with one bolt. Taking that out, you can remove the mount and then the coax cable is held on with 2 nuts. It was easy to remove and then I reinstalled it through the hole on the mount that has the rubber grommet. Antenna just pokes through the Fender rail space and ended just under the tank.
3695a1b142bf4609c056ca2fffa54595.jpg
d3407252142dce608bd48a14e82c4308.jpg

I did this on my 17 and it didn’t work at all. I also tried the boom hidden antenna because my salesman swore that it worked great for him( he forgot to mention that it did not work for anyone else). I now have both holes plugged and now rely solely on my phone. I just like the cleaner look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to downloading a map into the fp3. Initial reaction is very good. A lot less decel popping and the seat of the pants dyno feels good!

Going to run the canned map for a while before doing an autotune.

Finally got around to downloading a map into the fp3. Initial reaction is very good. A lot less decel popping and the seat of the pants dyno feels good!

Going to run the canned map for a while before doing an autotune.

Hey fishin1789, what kind of streetglide and pipes are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went for a 200 mile ride with a few other riders today. The 2014 streetglide special give me another stellar performance.. we hit some curvey mountain roads around king and crowders mountain good ride

Last edited:
Put new tires and brake pads (front and rear) on my 2015 SGS and adjusted the primary chain tensioner. I will also be changing the fluid in all three holes and flushing the brake and clutch fluid lines before I take it out for the first time this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
Put new tires and brake pads (front and rear) on my 2015 SGS and adjusted the primary chain tensioner. I will also be changing the fluid in all three holes and flushing the brake and clutch fluid lines before I take it out for the first time this year.
Is there a special procedure for flushing brakes with ABS? There is for many cars & trucks due to the ABS valves in some ABS brake systems. I’ve never owned a bike with ABS before, so just wondering.

Yesterday was productive.
1. I installed a new brake reservoir cover, as the stock one was corroding.
2. I installed the IO phone mount. I was worried that the magnet wouldn't be strong enough. Instead of the magnet disconnecting from the mount, the magnet popped off my phone. Now I have to look into stronger mounting options for the magnet... Definitely not the problem I thought I would have.
3. I also installed the Klock Werks 8.5 shield that's wavy. It doesn't look as good, but it kicks the wind over my head, which is exactly what I was going for.

Is there a special procedure for flushing brakes with ABS? There is for many cars & trucks due to the ABS valves in some ABS brake systems. I’ve never owned a bike with ABS before, so just wondering.

Great question - I am wondering the same thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469