Wind Deflectors

sbeamer

Oct 18, 2014
I am always looking for something new to try as far as wind protectors. I like to ride comfortably, so to some extent, I can overlook a little bit of ugly. We go on long trips for weeks at a time, so we need to manage the wind. I've looked at H-D's stuff. But on the streetglide, the fork mounted deflectors create a lot of issues. Has anyone seen, a deflector that you could mount on the crash bar?, that maybe is adjustable? Seen a few things for other bike brands that won't fit, but could work if they make it for us. Let me/us know.

What are these issues that you speak of with the Fork Fangs? I have them and swear by them as far as functionality is concerned.... they work great!

As far as crashbar mounted... never seen anything other than soft lowers or lower fairings... that's it....

Where exacty do these fork fangs protect you most from the wind ?, is it just the lower part of your body ? , right now I'm looking for something to keep my shirt from flying up, i hate wearing tight fitting shirts and i hate having to tuck them in all the time.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

The rush of air from up and around the tank is GREATLY reduced with Fork Fangs.... the dreaded 'Beard-Lift' as it is widely known. This was the main reason I got them and my goat doesn't blow up into my nose and eyes anymore....

The lower air that would come up from the fork area around the tank and hit you in an upward direction in the chest and neck is redirected up across the front fairing with Fork Fangs.

Maybe i should try them out, i think there only 40 bucks, i wish they would make the air deflector that goes on the triple tree for the 2014 models.

Maybe i should try them out, i think there only 40 bucks, i wish they would make the air deflector that goes on the triple tree for the 2014 models.

Harley Fork Fangs are more than $40. I made my own triple tree deflector and it works well. When it gets cold I use soft lowers on the crash bar and they help a lot.

More like $89... but worth every penny

You're right, that was the willy g gas cap cover i was thinking of for price, my wish list is long.:D

Bstreetglide- These are the latest fork deflectors from HD. Part #57400146A at $89.95 MSRP. They install with the curved edge OUT so they won't hit the engine guard. I have a 2014 and they work fine.
FWD.png

I rode a friends 2015 Limited today and I can honestly say my FLHXS had less buffeting but then I have taken measures (below) to improve the odds. lol

Spazz, I was told that the fork mounted deflectors will not fit the 2014 FLHX..can you tell me the brand / part that you have installed? Possibly a close up picture would be useful also. I need to get some for mine so I can actually keep my sunglasses on my face at 65mph+.

Bstreetglide- These are the latest fork deflectors from HD. Part #57400146A at $89.95 MSRP. They install with the curved edge OUT so they won't hit the engine guard. I have a 2014 and they work fine.
View attachment 3974

Spazz, I was told that the fork mounted deflectors will not fit the 2014 FLHX..can you tell me the brand / part that you have installed? Possibly a close up picture would be useful also. I need to get some for mine so I can actually keep my sunglasses on my face at 65mph+.

Thanks for responding Spazz. It annoys me that the dealer says they do not. Just because the "book" has not been updated to say so. Heck, take one out and try it. Or just check the bolt spacing on the fork where they go. If that did not change between 13 and 14 they fit..geez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14