Wind Deflectors

Well, I installed my "fork fangs" last night..it was easy, but I will say I do not like how they install basically over the turn signal wires..should be some sorta cut out or gap for those wires to pass through..but there is not. I had to finagle the wiring so that the signal could mount back in place. On top of that, when I completed the installation I tested the turn signals and one did not flash anymore. It was dark by this time, so I decided to wait until I had some daylight after work today to reinstall..WELL, I go out this morning and crank by bike ... lo and behold the turn signal is working. Question now is when will it stop working again? I assume the wires are being pinned in a fashion that may have loosened up with the cold temp this a.m.

I installed Harley ones and had no such pinching of wires on a 2014 SGS, there was a hole in the fangs for the plug to pass through.

I installed Harley ones and had no such pinching of wires on a 2014 SGS, there was a hole in the fangs for the plug to pass through.

There was a hole for the plug to pass thru? The pic on HD doesn't show one and I was wondering how the plugs attached. Might have to order a set and hope they have a hole!

The trailering tie down thingamagigs have a pass through hole so I would think the fangs would also.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mine did not have a hole...had 2 holes total. 1 for each bolt to go through. Mine are from HD also..there was no indication on the box as to what year Touring Models they fit so maybe I have older ones??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14