yaffe bars or factory 47

mikem1975

Sep 19, 2017
I'm looking for 12" bars for my 2017 SG and can't decide between the yaffe bars or the factory 47 bars.

I don't have the SG yet but should have it in about a week. want to get the bars ordered asap.

Thanks for your input
Mike Jr

Hate to do this to you but I love my LA twin peaks 16", great wrist angle and other heights are available.
Take a look at them.

how did you choose LA twin peaks? did you try them on another bike? I like bars more straight out and not turned in like the factory bars.

+1 for twin peaks. I had a set of 12" bars on my 14' that I just traded in for my 17. I liked them so much that I ordered a set for my 17'

Having done numerous installs of both Yaffees and F47's on Street and Road Glides.( and I have had both myself).. I would go F47 ... 1.5" bars are much easier to wire... better built and inside bars are much cleaner with less chance of messing up the harnesses.

My .02

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I favor the factory 47 bars myself. I have had them on 2 bikes. Both 1.5 diameter and 16" tall. They were easy to wire.

Yes, I tried them on another bike and they are more straight than the others your looking at.
Good luck with your choice.

Having done numerous installs of both Yaffees and F47's on Street and Road Glides.( and I have had both myself).. I would go F47 ... 1.5" bars are much easier to wire... better built and inside bars are much cleaner with less chance of messing up the harnesses.

My .02

I see that the factory 47's are about 3" wider then the yaffe bars. Do they seem too big in person or is it not really noticeable?

I'm 5'7" tall... arms are short... I love the feel of my 14" F47's...way better than 12" yaffees

This is very different opinion from rider to rider, only you will determine what size is your liking.

A suggestion and something I still do is while visiting dealers or looking at bikes for sale to sit on that aleady have a bar upgrade.
That is another opportunity to check them out and the way I found out that some of the taller bars feel too wide, just personal preference I guess. Good luck to you.

I went with the twin peaks 12" on my 14 sgs. The angle is just right and very comfortable, my arms are level with my shoulders. I'm 5'11", it didn't hurt that they were about half the price of the yaffe bars.
5097e245499b4650969dc75aecae635b.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith