York Assembly Plant

1Grumpyguy

Sep 8, 2014
Just wanted to peck a couple of lines about our trip to the H.D plant in York, PA. Great tour! The automation is really cool. I have been in manufacturing all my life and was awed by the efficiency of this place. I have also been to the KC plant, this was much better. It's also a great ride from just about anywhere ... Gettysburg is in the general area. (If you like history) We rode from NC to Niagara Falls, great ride... A lot of miles but some great sights! Be sure to call ahead or go on line BEFORE you plan your trip as they do shut down from time to time. PA has a lot of great riding roads to offer and tons of bikes cruising around! All in all, the ride is what it's all about... But why not see where your scoot was born!

LOL yea I think this area of PA has to be the Harley capital of the northeast. And yes we do have a boat load of great riding roads in this area !!!!

Our plan is to do the York plant next summer. We did the KC this past June. Thanks for the write up.

Went to the "Power train operations" on Pilgrim Rd. In Menomonee Falls Wisconsin last year...the staff at the HD engine assembly plant were very accommodating....very cool tour. Also went to the HD museum as well of course....being from New York - we were not used to such genuine nice people...lol !!!

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469