2017 exhaust

CWNY

Jul 14, 2014
Am I correct regarding 2017 exhaust is a whole new ball game ? We can't use any older system on the new 17's right ?

I think so. I thought I read they move the cats further back or in the slipons to reduce heat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The inlet for the right side muffler is larger than the one for the left side because of where the cat has been relocated. It appears that each muffler will have a different inlet diameter.

download (1).png

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nightsticks match (09-17), but street cannons have a different part number for the 17s.
Interesting.

Treepharmer, have you ridden one of these yet? Why would you need to remove the cat? The heats gone and they run strong and wickedly fast.

Treepharmer, have you ridden one of these yet? Why would you need to remove the cat? The heats gone and they run strong and wickedly fast.

Agreed. This is the first Harley I've owned that I think I'll just keep the stock exhaust. This bike pulls as hard as my '08 built 103. Heck it even sounds pretty good. I think I'll upgrade the intake for aesthetic purposes and throw in a torquer cam and be done with it.

The dealer I bought my 17 sgs from said if I de cat it Harley will void the warranty just put a set of 4.5 in street cannons on it very quiet at idle has a good bark when getting on it .

Was at the dealer today, had the Demo truck. All SGS's were out for a ride, but sales started one on the showroom. Nice idle without vibration. The forks are big and as others started, could have done better on the design. Asked him about the rear suspension upgrade, and he looked at me like a dad trying to answer his daughters questions, didn't have a clue. Asked him if any electronics upgrade.. he said, Why mess with perfection!!...... he said..Why mess with perf.. he said why mess ... mess with perf.... anyway..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Funny thing with the 4.5 in street cannons with the stock airfilter when riding you only hear exhaust out of the right pipe the big inlet pipe so the bike goes in Tuesday for the dealer to do the prostreet tuning so today I put on the se stage one airfilter kit side note takes the plastic box away and the bike looks better ,ok I started the bike up revved it and now I can hear both pipe took it for a short trip around the block nothing hard till it gets tuned and I hear both pipes now . before I removed the stock filter I pulled the cover started it had my hand by the filter could feel some air flow across my hand when I revved it with the stage one hand in the same spot revved the same sucked my hand yo the filter cant wait till its tuned and see what power it has .

Vance and Hines has a power daul head pipe listed on the website I would have never got the street cannons cause you can use all of the old style mufflers with the head pipe say Milwaukee 8 head pipe in the description grrr say not for pollution controlled vehicles but that's what they have said for years well I will see how these street cannons break in I'm in to them $499 for the mufflers and $99 for the end caps in to deep to change oh well

hey guys new to this site and i just picked my 17 sg on fri. my dealer told me the only option at this time is the street cannon because of the cat.i had them installed louder than stock but purrs like a kitten i wanted the roar of a lion. other than that i love this bike night and day versus my road king

Only thing available for 2017 slip ons today are HD stuff. I listened to them and they seem like a waste of money and metal to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith