2017 exhaust

My street cannons are starting to come around after 450 miles they are getting louder .2017 street glide special

I called them a couple of days ago and their exhaust products for the 2017s won't be available until 1 November of this year.

On the 17s (touring) the right side slip on has a larger inlet compared to the left one so older slip ons won't work with the header in the 17s.
Vance and Hines power duals and slip ons won't be available until 1 November. The only place I found slip ons for the 17s is JP cycles and they only have one kind, the BAM from TAB performance.

I rode both, and for some reason the RG rode much better than the SG. I think I am switching over too.

Hey Mike !

May be switching over to the Road Glide nation ... Uh oh ....

Hope your well,
Chris

I have a 2017 Street Glide Special and I just got my stock slip on pipes back from American Custom in Conneticut... They rebaffle your stock slip on pipes for $199.00 for both. It sounds deeper and throatier...but not too loud. Just right for me. They did my 2008 Dyna years ago and that actually sounded louder. The new counter balance and exhaust system must be why it is a bit different. It's a good inexpensive way to give your new bike a better sound without a lot of expense. You do not need to remap anything either...the bike runs great. If you use them just mark which one is right and which one is left for they are different....and only really fit one way. Google them...

V&H announced today / they are now shipping the hi-output dules this week for the 207" M8 bikes ...

Come on over guys :). It's great here. No going back for me.

Just road with a guy 3 hours he had a roadglide . He had to stuff a towel in between the fairing and odometer because wind was blowing up thru that open space - easy fix. Towel looked nice The old RG design didn't have that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have that problem on my 15RGS...hmm

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

Just road with a guy 3 hours he had a roadglide . He had to stuff a towel in between the fairing and odometer because wind was blowing up thru that open space - easy fix. Towel looked nice The old RG design didn't have that problem.

I assume the towel was "black and chrome."
They might need to go back to Mt. Rushmore.

Last edited:
I paid $450 for the SE Canons, plus $100 for the tips, because the dealer informed me of Harley getting grouchy about aftermarket stuff on the 8-Valve. After finding out that I can beer belch louder than the SE slip-ons, I sent the stockers to American Custom. It sounds much better. While I have gutted the converter in every so-equipped bike heretofore, I think I will leave this one alone (maybe).

I've got a brand new set of Screamin eagle street cannons that I will let go right, if anyone is interested let me know

I took your advice and checked out the American Custom website... I am interested. Which of the three sounds did you choose for your mufflers? How do you like the sound compared to the stock 2017 mufflers? Also how does the sound compare to say the Twin Cam 103 inch engine? Thanks.

I am not running baffles in the gutted stockers, but bought the short ones to keep on hand just in case; and I won't need them. Coming from a Thunderheader-equipped bike (whose sound I miss), it still seems quiet. Maybe it comes from twenty years of marriage. Maybe I am simply going deaf. While I initially said I was leaving the converter, that's looking more likely to change over the winter. I was told (from whom I consider a reliable source) that the dealer techs will neither look for a converter nor care in case they have to pull the headpipe during warranty work. I was also told that dealers are secretly screaming about Mother Harley's strictness with the 8-Valve's warranty, because the dealers are afraid the indy shops will get another boost, both with service work and the purchase of aftermarket stuff.

BTW, American Custom's turn-around time was about 1-1/2 weeks; and they told me they were short-staffed and busy when I sent mine, so I was impressed. They are great guys to work with and talk to on the phone.

In case this has not been posted yet, I spoke with a tech guy at Vance and Hines. He told me their power dual headpipe for the 8-Valve maintains the 2-1/2" right and 1-3/4" left muffler inlet diameters. So if one wants to run the American Custom modified stock slip-ons, this should be no problem.

I installed Cobra Race Pro mufflers on my bike today. I'm extremely happy with the sound.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469