2017 ride compared to 2015

When I bought my 2017 SGS the salesman and I took out a new 16 and 17 so I could ride them back to back. I could not tell any difference in the ride getting off one bike to the other. Coming from a new BMW RT they both rode like red wagons, lol, The 17 had a little different sound and a little more torque. I put some miles on both and they rode the same to me. They made me a sweet deal on the 16 but I thought might as well get the "new" edition. Glad I did.

I'm with you- I could not tell very much difference either in the ride but, The Street Glide is the "Sportier" Touring version. A Camaro doesn't ride as good as a Buick but it has its own merits!

Update: Well after a whopping 650 miles on the new M8 I simply cannot tell one bit of difference between the "New Improved" suspension and what I had on my 2014. :confused:
Also- We keep hearing about the "Clunk" going away when you shift down to 1st gear . . . .
True about 60% of the time. What is NOT mentioned is that every gear up change (2nd-3rd-4th-etc.) has a clunk as well!
Oh well, so much for the Motor Company marketing Dept.:mad:

Luckily, the M8 motor description is spot on, lots of extra power, I can only imagine what a Stage ll Cam pkg does !:eek:

As far as the clunking when shifting, I found that clutch engagement is a major factor. How fast/slow you engage the clutch, and the timing of the engagement with throttle input greatly affect the clunk of shifting. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this, but I was playing around with this for an hour yesterday determining how this bike likes to shift. If I'm taking it easy and farting around town keeping the revs low, I don't even let off the throttle and I engage the clutch at a reasonable rate - not too quickly, not too slowly - and the bike seems happy.

Update: Well after a whopping 650 miles on the new M8 I simply cannot tell one bit of difference between the "New Improved" suspension and what I had on my 2014. :confused:

:confused: is my thought exactly. Rushmore suspension vs M8 is a night and day difference to me... but hey, what do I know?!

Are You actually hitting any bumps with the things?!:D

:confused: is my thought exactly. Rushmore suspension vs M8 is a night and day difference to me... but hey, what do I know?!

Are You actually hitting any bumps with the things?!:D

Yeah, that's when I first noticed. I'm going to try a stiffer setting but still, the front seems the same as the pre 2017's!

I didn't know it changed. I generally dial suspension in to my needs. That said, I haven't yet, my wife and daughter birth with in 10 minutes both said it's much better than the 14.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469