Anyone heard anything about the 2017 Street Glide yet?

Also I read an article recently about HD being ripe for a takeover due to stagnant sales. A possible suitor could be Polaris! It is certainly feasible, that would give them all the US made motorcycles (I think). Polaris is doing quite well with their year round product lines. Remember, these are just speculations at this time!

Interesting, because i just read an article stating Polaris was struggling, and that Victory had stagnant sales. They even laid off a bunch of people just recently.
Looks like the industry reporters are making **** up, just to get viewer/readership to buy mags/get traffic to their sites.

Bluebowtie is right, the fed wouldnt let that happen.

One of the tuners on another forum has adamantly stated the new bikes for 2017 will be bigger, 107" standard bagger motor, and 114" CVO engines. And 8 valve motors. And oil cooled. And unit construction. All to meet new emissions standards.

Bluebowtie is right, the fed wouldnt let that happen.

I don't think this would even register with the feds as an anti-trust issue. Not enough of the population is affected by the motorcycle industry. It's not like computers, phones...or anything else that affects just about everyone alive.

It's nothing new the rumors that Polaris wants to take over HD. I just don't see that ever happening. HD is a stable company with predictable sales.. Indian and victory however are being reported as the same in some media and as struggling in others. I don't any of it seriously.. Even if it were to happen.. I would still ride/buy Harley Davidson.. Just would never own a Hictory-Dolaris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harley sales worldwide have slipped, but for that matter so has the motorcycle industry in the stock market with almost the same trend lines. HD still holds more than fifty percent of the total U.S. market share for motorcycle and considering Indian, Victory, Polaris portfolio doesn't do well if you take away the atv, snow mobile and other non two wheelers above 600cc. So considering the current flat US economy, and HD doesn't give away giant rebates, our used bikes still hold the strongest resale values comparatively and the HD buyer market segment is growing every year and HD is making bank every year.
So buy HOG stock while it's low!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It's nothing new the rumors that Polaris wants to take over HD. I just don't see that ever happening. HD is a stable company with predictable sales.. Indian and victory however are being reported as the same in some media and as struggling in others. I don't any of it seriously.. Even if it were to happen.. I would still ride/buy Harley Davidson.. Just would never own a Hictory-Dolaris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like politics, its all unpredictable...I don't take any of it seriously.

new CVO street Glide

new CVO street Glide

17 CVO 114 C.I. single cam motor

Attachments

• 17 CVO.jpg
    17 CVO.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
You see Bill Thats what happens. When the nice people at VO in York invite you to to see And preview the new CVO bikes and they ask you. Please not to take any pictures. You know who your are *

*expletive deleted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77