Anyone heard anything about the 2017 Street Glide yet?

N2DEEP

Oct 12, 2015
Has anyone heard is they are making any changes to the 2017 Street glide yet? Or when will they release info on the 2017's.

Looking at buying a new street glide in May, but if they are going to go from a 103 to the 110. I'll wait for the 2017's come out

This past Saturday during a seminar at my dealers the scuttle is that the 2017 touring bikes might get the 110 air cooled as standard power plant and the CVO's might either get the 120ST or equivalent. Reasoning is to compete with standard power in Victory and Indian . . . . we'll see.
Also I read an article recently about HD being ripe for a takeover due to stagnant sales. A possible suitor could be Polaris! It is certainly feasible, that would give them all the US made motorcycles (I think). Polaris is doing quite well with their year round product lines. Remember, these are just speculations at this time!

Thanks for the info Mojo. Hopefully by april or may, I'll be able to find out if the 110 is coming out in the 17 model. It will suck waiting till sept. or Oct. to get my bike. But I'll be happy to wait for the 110 motor

If you put a "thin spigot" cylinder kit on the CVO 110 motor you get a 117. It's the cheap way to a new motor, same method as the 103 to 110 cylinders you can buy now.

The government will not allow Polaris to own all the American made motorcycle lines creating a monopoly.

Sent from the mobile leash

I have a good friend who works for HD in upper mgmt.
He said there will be some dynas coming out with the 110 as standard so it would only make sense they would also put it in the touring bikes as standard, right?
We shall see

My Dealer has said what Mojo said. 110's will be in the 17 Touring and a couple other models.

Well damn. looks like I might be waiting on the 17's to come out. Cause I know if I went on and bought a 16 in may, then the 17's come out with the 110. I'd be wanting to trade it in.

Well damn. looks like I might be waiting on the 17's to come out. Cause I know if I went on and bought a 16 in may, then the 17's come out with the 110. I'd be wanting to trade it in.

2018's will have the 120 motor. What then?

Buy a '16 now with the 120ST in it.

Thanks for the info Mojo. Hopefully by april or may, I'll be able to find out if the 110 is coming out in the 17 model. It will suck waiting till sept. or Oct. to get my bike. But I'll be happy to wait for the 110 motor

Why would you wait the 110 s have problems with the lifters and camshafts. CVO guys having issues as earlier as 5k miles

Why would you wait the 110 s have problems with the lifters and camshafts. CVO guys having issues as earlier as 5k miles

JD . . . Really? I had not heard anything about this with the 110's.

2018's will have the 120 motor. What then?

Buy a '16 now with the 120ST in it.

Will HD break the barrier of 2000cc mark? Kawasaki had 2000cc for a while and no manufacturer has overcome that barrier so I am interested to see this happen....then what?

Will crotch rockets reach 2000cc......Kawasaki has ZX14R.....will we see 1600cc, 1800cc, etc......1400 has already reached 200HP out of the box.....will our friendly Government control that or have they already had their hands in that too....?????

I know aftermarket motors have passed 2000cc.....like 131 cu in etc........

How much do you really need? Love my 15 103 .. I'm plenty big elsewhere.. Don't need it in the motor[emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear ya....but as long as they offer people will get it and those that have smaller motors will upgrade soon or later as 88 cu in folks back in the days to 94 then to 103 to 110 to 120 to who knows.....never good enough.....LOL!!!!!

The worst thing is if newer Economy car flies by your bike without trying then you know you have to upgrade to bigger and faster motor.....LOL!!!!!

Last edited:
Will HD break the barrier of 2000cc mark? Kawasaki had 2000cc for a while and no manufacturer has overcome that barrier so I am interested to see this happen....then what?

Will crotch rockets reach 2000cc......Kawasaki has ZX14R.....will we see 1600cc, 1800cc, etc......1400 has already reached 200HP out of the box.....will our friendly Government control that or have they already had their hands in that too....?????

I know aftermarket motors have passed 2000cc.....like 131 cu in etc........

If I recall correctly, Triumph made a bike called the Rocket with 2300 cc's. I've seen them, never ridden one, but would jump at the opportunity just to say I did.

If I recall correctly, Triumph made a bike called the Rocket with 2300 cc's. I've seen them, never ridden one, but would jump at the opportunity just to say I did.

And you are correct...Triumph Rocket III

Manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles Ltd
Production Since 2004
Engine 2,294 cc (140.0 cu in) DOHC liquid-cooled straight three
Transmission Gear (Primary) / Shaft (final drive)
Wheelbase 1,695 mm (66.7 in)
Dimensions L: 2,500 mm (98 in)
W: 970 mm (38 in)
Seat height 740 mm (29 in)
Fuel capacity 24 l (5.3 imp gal; 6.3 US gal)

260px-Rocket_3b.JPG
220px-Triumph_Rocket_III_Touring_2008.JPG

Last edited:
You can buy a big motor from S&S now, something over 140 cubic inches. not going to get 50 mpg with it though.

I hear ya....but as long as they offer people will get it and those that have smaller motors will upgrade soon or later as 88 cu in folks back in the days to 94 then to 103 to 110 to 120 to who knows.....never good enough.....LOL!!!!!

The worst thing is if newer Economy car flies by your bike without trying then you know you have to upgrade to bigger and faster motor.....LOL!!!!!

Hahahaha for sure man.. And if that economy car flies past me that's just fine.. Cause that asshole is probably txt ing anyway.. In FRONT is just fine with me[emoji106]

A guy told me that his uncle was told by his other buddies Nephew who Herd it from there aunt who was married to a janitor at Harley that they are coming out with a 131 as standard equipment in the touring bikes in 2017 and the price was going down $4000. If I was on the fence on buying a bike I would wait until 2020. By then they will have the bugs worked out of the 131.
now you know the gospel and you can say you herd it here first hand.

How much do you really need? Love my 15 103 .. I'm plenty big elsewhere.. Don't need it in the motor[emoji57]

I agree with the mods I have made to my 103 I have the reliability and longevity of a trusted motor with enough power to keep up with a stock 110.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77