Chnaging out 1/4 turn bag retainers for knob type

Thanks for the info GAFLHXS. Mine is on the list also. Just got the stuff from Lowes to fix it myself. arrrrggghhhh!

Davud

I've been running STD's for awhile. No issues, no loose bags, and no common tool to remove bag. I'm very satisfied.

I'm
I've been running STD's for awhile. No issues, no loose bags, and no common tool to remove bag. I'm very satisfied.

There are many SGF members using an after market version of bag fasteners. It is past time HD recognizes and owns up to the possibilitirs of malfunction.
Friend of my be dropped a bag on Broadway of our small town. I showed him the fix after the fact and he was happy as hell. Meanwhile it cost him a pretty penny to get his bike back to normal. The HD quick release was a wonderful idea on paper but not so much in the real world.
The HD designers need to merge with the people who use their bikes in the real world to get a grip on the realities of owning by a HD product. I see Willie G in publications and he is touted for his design capabilities but I really don't think he has a clue. I am a designer and inventor and I shake my head on a regular basis at the bikes we love thinking if only HD would listen to its constituency

Blues

Last edited:
Saddlebag fastening system: It took about two years for MoCo to admit what we at SGF have acknowledged and found a fix for long ago.

Buying the hardware in eBay is cheaper. I drove to 4 lowes in south florida to find everything. The $2 savings was spent on gas. I like the system I put lo loctite just in case.

I was at the dealer the other day, and even the Harley techs were shocked at my threaded bag connections!! " your worried about Your bags being stolen?" Me: no I don't want them to fall off!!! Them: blank looks... Then I asked the tech doing my reflash, Can you turn on the fader? Tech: uhhhh I don't know.. Wtf

I was at the dealer the other day, and even the Harley techs were shocked at my threaded bag connections!! " your worried about Your bags being stolen?" Me: no I don't want them to fall off!!! Them: blank looks... Then I asked the tech doing my reflash, Can you turn on the fader? Tech: uhhhh I don't know.. Wtf
FYI either Biketronic's or JM's flash turns on the fader. But you need to have the rear speaker output connected for it to work.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Hope this is not a dumb question guys, how do you change to the threaded bag connections? 14 SG thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this is not a dumb question guys, how do you change to the threaded bag connections? 14 SG thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the parts, either from a local hardware store or online (I assume you saw the part numbers in an earlier post).
I used needle nose pliers to remove the spring clips from the bag mounting locations.
Insert the U-clips into the same space- the side of the u-clip with the threaded insert is on the 'inside' of the harley mounting point.
Then, insert the knob/torx bolt, through a washer, through the bag holes, into the uclip mounting area- and start twisting. If you bought the long knob bolts like I did- it is quite a bit of twisting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith