comparison

FJH

Jul 27, 2014
I've seen the comparison from the 107 Milwaukee 8 and the stock 103 high output....107 faster by 3 bike lengths from 0-60mph and 2 bike lengths faster from 60-80mph I have the V&H twin slash 4" slipons, the VO2 air filter and the FP3 tuner. If I remember correctly, when I installed these on my 2014 SG the HP/torque numbers V&H stated were about the same or maybe higher than what Harley is advertising for the 107.

So has anyone who has that set up demo'd the 107? does it feel faster? or I assume the Harley screamin eagle stage 1 on the 103 is close to what I have, anyone with that set up demo the 107? Opinions?

Good question. Plus, since you are not allowed to mod the '17s now for one reason or another :), this is a good comparison.

I have modded my 103 and I've also ridden the Milwaukee 8. It will smoke my bike, the torque is instant and strong! See my numbers below.

Wow, sounds like I need to go demo one................or not, my wife would shoot me if I trade my bike in since I just bought a color match tour pac and lower fairings and they don't make Daytona Blue this year.

Good question. Plus, since you are not allowed to mod the '17s now for one reason or another :), this is a good comparison.

Hmmm,
I recall hearing we were not to modify or tinker with the TC, Evo, SBC, BBC, Ford, or any other engine. I also recall that the Hot Rodders said "watch this" LOL.
Tell someone he can't do something, grab a lawn chair and a couple of brewskies, sit back and enjoy the show!
It's only a matter of time. That's America!

Blues

I can't wait to get next to one for some real world testing...just to be sure! lol

I've seen the comparison from the 107 Milwaukee 8 and the stock 103 high output....107 faster by 3 bike lengths from 0-60mph and 2 bike lengths faster from 60-80mph I have the V&H twin slash 4" slipons, the VO2 air filter and the FP3 tuner. If I remember correctly, when I installed these on my 2014 SG the HP/torque numbers V&H stated were about the same or maybe higher than what Harley is advertising for the 107. So has anyone who has that set up demo'd the 107? does it feel faster? or I assume the Harley screamin eagle stage 1 on the 103 is close to what I have, anyone with that set up demo the 107? Opinions?

I just traded my '08 FLHTP, 103" Screamin Eagle 211 cams, pipes, true duals, air cleaner, Power Comander III dyno tuned. The Milwaukee 8 has tons more low end. My 103 had a little bit better top end above 4,000 rpm. I wouldn't bet on either in a direct drag race, it would be pretty close, and I had a bunch of money into my 103.

The M8 engine is better in every way! My 103 felt like a dinosaur in comparison.

so I decided to go demo the 2017 streetglide. Like I said earlier, I have a 2014 with V&H twin slash 4" exhaust, V&H VO2 air filter and V&H FP3 tuner. Since the advertised HP/torque numbers from V&H were similar to the 107 numbers, I didn't think I would feel much of a difference if any at all until Mojo's comments. I thought the dealer was going to have a group ride for the demo but no, the salesman threw me the FOB and said go have some fun. So I did :) My verdict is.......Mojo is correct (like always), the 107 will smoke my bike. The torque is impressively instant at practically the entire RPM range. The bike jumps forward when twisting the throttle. I'm guessing a dyno print out would confirm that and show the torque numbers high throughout the RPM range. Other thoughts, the upgraded suspension, perhaps a little better than mine but not too noticeable. The stock exhaust has a pretty good growl when you get on it.

On the negative side, I talked to the salesman about the rumor of voiding the warranty with aftermarket parts and it is correct. Beginning in the 2017 model year, any (non Harley) aftermarket part voids the warranty. Previously if you had an aftermarket part that was determined to cause the failure, the warranty was voided. Now its anything, so if you have a V&H exhaust and your clutch goes out, although not related, its not covered. Harley is pissed off they got slammed by the EPA but the aftermarket companies like V&H didn't so they are doing what they can to even the playing field and saying we will just make it harder for you to sell your parts. The salesman said you can still put on screaming eagle exhaust and the Harley street tuner without voiding the warranty if you want to increase performance and do some cutomizing.

Boy am I glad I got a 2016. While the 17's may have more low end torque, I would never trade that for a bike I can't mod with aftermarket pipes to get that classic Harley sound. Bad enough that new engine looks like a Japanese bike, but now they sound like one too, and there's not much you can do about it.

What a shame.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents them from automatically voiding your warranty. They still have to prove that your actions caused the failure in question. And yes, this act applies to motorcycles, not just cars and trucks.

Now, if your actions/mods cause any change to the emissions (makes it not pass EPA standards for example) they have every right to refuse to touch your bike.

On the negative side, I talked to the salesman about the rumor of voiding the warranty with aftermarket parts and it is correct. Beginning in the 2017 model year, any (non Harley) aftermarket part voids the warranty. Previously if you had an aftermarket part that was determined to cause the failure, the warranty was voided. Now its anything, so if you have a V&H exhaust and your clutch goes out, although not related, its not covered. Harley is pissed off they got slammed by the EPA but the aftermarket companies like V&H didn't so they are doing what they can to even the playing field and saying we will just make it harder for you to sell your parts. The salesman said you can still put on screaming eagle exhaust and the Harley street tuner without voiding the warranty if you want to increase performance and do some cutomizing.

Totally incorrect. MOCO is just trying to scare people into buying their parts. Based on your statement I wouldn't even be able to put a different brand of tires on my bike because that's not what it came with from the factory. The dealerships around here have been trying that tactic for years and yet every time I've had a warranty issue my bikes have been worked on with no questions.

Totally incorrect. MOCO is just trying to scare people into buying their parts. Based on your statement I wouldn't even be able to put a different brand of tires on my bike because that's not what it came with from the factory. The dealerships around here have been trying that tactic for years and yet every time I've had a warranty issue my bikes have been worked on with no questions.

I get what you're saying, and I've seen the dealer try to pull this crap by telling me non Harley oil would void my warranty.... Which is of course false, but this issue at hand might be a different deal, since it pertains to 2017 bikes and the EPA compliance matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77