DIY Air Ride

well I have basically 3 different riding pressures...

1 for in traffic or slow event riding (low)
1 for cruising (med)
1 for high speed, rough roads and twisties (high)

and with the handles bar switch this can be done on the fly... besides dumping it for parking...

I am very interested in the DIY AIRRIDE, can someone list all the parts for it, saw it on a SG , the guy loved it!!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I am very interested in the DIY AIRRIDE, can someone list all the parts for it, saw it on a SG , the guy loved it!!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

See post #4 this thread. I needed up buying the air solenoid on Amazon for $9. Everything came from Amazon. Shocks, bushings, compressor and solenoid.

I have mine set to auto fill once the ignition is turned out and auto dump when off. I also can manually fill and dump, I have two switches hidden in front on the battery.
f14b60239a72bc428ed188bd0da888c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bryan I would like to see how you wired it up like that. That's a Great idea!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorry just seen this, work has been getting in my way for being on here. It's call an anti vandal switch, I bought them from Amazon. It's a simple two wire switch, one hot coming in and hot going out. Hope that helps.

I have a question about the diy air suspension, my wife is a bid girl ,and I am worried about blowing a shock (s) out . What is the max air pressure can they handle ?thnx

I have a question about the diy air suspension, my wife is a bid girl ,and I am worried about blowing a shock (s) out . What is the max air pressure can they handle ?thnx

those Monroe shocks are designed for a corvette rear suspension they can take 150 psi

I've decided to go with the DIY kit from Amazon. I saw the link on post#4 but what else do I need?? Wiring? Switches? Solenoid? I'm not sure which parts and there are so many different types. I'm looking to install this on my 2015 SGS. When I look on Amazon the Monroe shocks tell me it's not the right fit for my ride?? Can anyone guide me with a list of part preferably all from Amazon?? I'm confused on which ones to select

Thanks guys

I've got the whole setup for sale if your interested. $215 shipped. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452141449.640255.jpg

Steve73

Thanks brother but I'd rather buy new with a warranty on that pump.
Thank you though

The pump is so inexpensive, it wouldn't be worth the time to chase the manufacturer down for a warranty. $215 is good deal for all that's there.

I was thinking of using a handle bar switch instead of toggle underneath seat. Can anyone recommend one?

Arnott, legend, and dirty air all sell handlebar switches for air ride. I've also seen guys add a relay and use the CB control switch- if you don't have any intention of using a CB on your streetglide, that seems like the ideal solution (complete match and proven to be water proof).
Have you looked at the micro switches, like from AirFX? The attached picture has the switch out in the open, but you could easily tuck it out of sight on the bars, too.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mandrew

Thank you! I actually never thought about the CB switch, I don't use it and it's already there! How would I wire that up? So I would need one more relay then right? That would go into the CB switch to cut on/off? I have to look if it's a harness on those switches.

That switch should already be powered, so find the wires feeding up/down. Connect to relay (you do not need an extra- just the one), and tie other wire in to the positive for dump valve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith