First thoughts. New Legends Suspension

Don't have a credit card.....might have to sell a gun!

Haha.
I'm an avid bow hunter living in Ohio. I'm getting ready to move to Idaho this summer where my hunting tactics will be much more spot and stalk than setting up treestands or blinds. In our state we're allowed to hunt with straight wall cartridge rifles like .44 mag, 45-70, .444 Marlin, ect for our week of gun season. This Spring, I sold most of my treestands, a couple blinds and a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 because I just won't have much need for them anymore living in the Rockies hunting elk rather than whitetail. When my wife asked me what I'm going to do with the proceeds from selling all this gear, I just smiled and told her it's going into my bike. Three weeks or so later, I was out in the garage putting a new suspension in. I have no regrets.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Sturgis this year and I mentioned how nice it would be to have new suspension for the trip.
She agreed until I told her the price.
$1300 front and rear installed.
That's a chunk of change.
Then the shop owner let us try his bike with the Legends on it.
Now she's on board...

My wife and I are planning a trip to Sturgis this year and I mentioned how nice it would be to have new suspension for the trip.
She agreed until I told her the price.
$1300 front and rear installed.
That's a chunk of change.
Then the shop owner let us try his bike with the Legends on it.
Now she's on board...

And if anything goes wrong with the install and you're questioning how your shop set it up, Legend is located in Sturgis and they will be happy to look everything over if you're not happy with the ride........

Haha.
I'm an avid bow hunter living in Ohio. I'm getting ready to move to Idaho this summer where my hunting tactics will be much more spot and stalk than setting up treestands or blinds. In our state we're allowed to hunt with straight wall cartridge rifles like .44 mag, 45-70, .444 Marlin, ect for our week of gun season. This Spring, I sold most of my treestands, a couple blinds and a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 because I just won't have much need for them anymore living in the Rockies hunting elk rather than whitetail. When my wife asked me what I'm going to do with the proceeds from selling all this gear, I just smiled and told her it's going into my bike. Three weeks or so later, I was out in the garage putting a new suspension in. I have no regrets.

Welcome to Idaho in advance.

Keep us posted with your trip.....I will be making that trip myself soon....not sure which year though. Waiting on my friend to get his touring and this may be much longer so I may be riding there with other friends.

Keep us posted with your trip.....I will be making that trip myself soon....not sure which year though. Waiting on my friend to get his touring and this may be much longer so I may be riding there with other friends.

Will do. When all is said and done, I'll be about an hour from Grand Tetons and an hour and a half from Yellowstone. Besides the two wheel addiction, I'm also an avid outdoors man so the thought of all that great riding, hunting and fly fishing has got me pretty excited. I really look forward to getting back out west. I've missed the great wide open being here in Ohio these past thirteen years.

It's been a year since I put in my Legends suspension and I'm just as happy with it now as I was the day I installed it. I've done quite a bit of work on this bike in the past few years and I can say that the new suspension was, without a doubt, the best money I've ever put into this bike or any of the other Harleys I've owned in the past, hands down. The bike feels like a rocket on rails, I couldn't be happier. I was out for about an hour on Monday and I loved every frost bitten second of it. Can't wait for Idaho to thaw out a bit to get that thing back up into Yellowstone country and beyond......

Just installed the Revo-A on my Glide today, getting my long johns on for a ride. A big shout out to Lindsey at Iron Aces for the nice price and fantastic service. The Axeos fork kit is next on the list to get. And of course I be calling Iron Aces.

Just installed the Revo-A on my Glide today, getting my long johns on for a ride. A big shout out to Lindsey at Iron Aces for the nice price and fantastic service. The Axeos fork kit is next on the list to get. And of course I be calling Iron Aces.

Glad to hear you get to take your new REVO-As for a test ride, despite the cold weather...I'm sure you will be VERY happy with them. Also, thank you for the kind words, I enjoy helping folks make their Baggers ride better.

Enjoy and ride safe!!

Lindsey :0)

Enjoy!
Can't say enough good things about Legends suspensions and Iron Aces.

Thanks so much for the shout-out @Lammas, it means a lot to us.

Lindsey :0)

Thank you.
Just the fact that you followed up this morning on the Iron Aces mount I bought a few days ago speaks volumes. Great shop, great prices, great customer service. That's hard to find these days.
Have a good week!

I'm considering pulling the trigger on some front suspension for my 14 SG. Just to have everything I need do the job who can tell me what size bits are needed to remove the sliders and the top fork tube nut. Manual doesn't specify that info..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith