From ________ to Streetglide?

I was on plastic pocket rockets then an aprilia caponord then on to the street bob after I got done for speeding and nearly lost license now I have upgraded to the SGS.

I came from superbikes, to a M109R to the SGS. The M109R is a hellova bike, just not quite as comfortable 2 up as the Harley. Do NOT try to race one with your Harley as they are brutish for power.

2015 Indian Scout. It was just too small. Great bike though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 74 Yamaha 500 twin
84 Honda 750 vfr interceptor
Couple of kids
04 Road King classic
16 Sgs

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2002 Dyna Lowrider. My first Harley, purchased on January 11, 2014. Rode it until traded on December 21, 2014. Damn fine bike, no troubles ever. I was doing a lot of long rides with my HOG Group and I needed something more comfortable and could carry a lot more s**t. Plus I really wanted music while riding.

V-star 650
Suzuki Boulevard c50T
Harley switchback
And now street glide special.

No regrets, they were all upgrades over the previous bike. I looked at the V-star 1300 but was just unimpressed. The only plus to the V-star is that the lack of aftermarket support may save your wallet!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Started a long time ago with Cushman Eagles to Triumphs, BSA's, Norton's, Royal Enfield's in the 60's, then on to 20 or so Jap pre-superbikes, Thumpers, then back to 90's Superbikes, ...and then finally to my first Harley, an '01 scarlet red FXDWG-2 CVO Wide Glide (loved that scooter), then back to crotch rockets, then an '03 Ultra ...then to Sport Tourer "baggers". Still have my 2014 candy red YAMAHA FJR 1300 ES parked next to my '15 SGS in the man cave. Prolly ride 'em both about the same number of hours a week.

Last edited:
Went from my 2003 Moto Guzzi California Stone to my 2015 Street Glide Special. Still love my old bike, just not as much as the new one. Don't tell her though, she'll blow a gasket!Camp.jpgCamping.jpgBikes.jpg

Started on a Honda SL125 at the age of 10. Then a CR125, CR250, then went to Yamaha YZ360, Honda CB350, Honda CB500, Suzuki GS750,(22,000 miles), 1 kid, then a 2013 Dyna Superglide, then I finally got what I wanted, my 2015 SGS. Like a lot of others, the best motorcycle I've ever owned!!!

It will do until I get so old I have to get a Tri-Glide!

Last edited:
I've had a number of bikes over the years but quit riding a long time ago. I got bike fever early this past Spring so after 15 years I bought a 2011 Heritage with 700 miles. I had decided years ago if I got another bike it would be the Heritage Softail. I liked it and it was great being on a bike again but I only put 1900miles on it in 5 months. I kept noticing the SG and drooling over them.
Finally couldn't take it anymore and traded for my new 15 SGS in August. I've put 4500 miles on her already and couldn't be happier.

This was my first Harley. Started out on a Honda Shadow 750, moved to a Yamaha VStar 1300 Touring, then finally into the SGS. I couldn't be happier! Except that the ground is covered in snow and I can't ride for a few more months.

2000 Goldwing, got it first week of January 2000. Fantastic bike, I put 129,245km on it and still going strong, I've grown attached to it and don t intend on selling it.
IMG_0785.jpg

First street bike I had was a '80 Suzuki GS550L a friend gave me around 1998; then bought a new Sportster in '03; picked up a '07 Shadow Aero 750 in '12 & just got my '16 SGS and figure it's the last bike I'll buy.

IMG_0502-resized.JPG
2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600 Absolutly loved this bike and am still heart broken over trading it but my SGS checks all the boxes it just doesn't have the snappiness up through the gears the bird had. If i could get the Triumph parallel twin in the street glide chassis it would be the perfect bike, though the harley sound is hard to beat. Before the bird i had a 2010 Triumph America 865 good starter bike but lacked grunt. my next bike could be a BMW boxer love the way they sound and handle.

36a17715732129da0b860654b5e07796.jpg

'09 Gixxer 1000 to 14 SG.....I miss it a lil but, but wouldn't trade the comfort for anything......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from an 07 Fatboy to the 15 SG, such a different ride! I could never go back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith