Harley chaps help

opusx222

Jul 23, 2014
First off I know that I just need to go to a dealer and try them on but, curious what you guys have to say about this subject. The HD siz chart is a little confusing I where 34x34 jeans and trying to figur out what size I need, do I need tall? it say reg. inseam 34" and tall 35". I know you can cut them off but would like to get close to start and would rather not pay the extra for tall. Also there are 3 different chaps offered by HD, are there any beneifits?

Mojo's 2 cents here:
There are much better values on chaps from after market companies such as Leatherup.com. They also have sizing charts and remember; Chaps are made to be purchased too long for you and then trimmed with scissors to length. IMHO, HD brand chaps are marked up way too much.

I agree with Mojo on this shop around for better deal unless they just have to say Harley on them. There are a lot of different companies that make and sell these for a lot cheaper then a Harley shop and the same or better quality. Do some shopping and look around.

I agree with Mojo on this shop around for better deal unless they just have to say Harley on them. There are a lot of different companies that make and sell these for a lot cheaper then a Harley shop and the same or better quality. Do some shopping and look around.

IDEA: IF they have to say Harley on them, buy a patch of your choice and have it sown on. That is what I did with my leather jacket (and saved about $300!)

Up side is the 5 year warranty on HD chaps. I had mine a month and the snap broke and a zipper took a crap. Took them to the dealer and walked out with a new pair.

Sent from the mobile leash

Up side is the 5 year warranty on HD chaps. I had mine a month and the snap broke and a zipper took a crap. Took them to the dealer and walked out with a new pair.

Fair enough but if you happen to be on the road and don't have your warranty you won't be getting a new pair from another Harley dealer.....not gonna happen.....Like Spazz, don't ask me how I know ??

Fair enough but if you happen to be on the road and don't have your warranty you won't be getting a new pair from another Harley dealer.....not gonna happen.....Like Spazz, don't ask me how I know ??
Lol... ok... I won't ask..

I paid $60 for my lined chaps almost 2 years ago... love them. Now... if you happen to break a snap... craft stores sell snap repair kits for like $15!!! I ripped a snap on my cut.. bought a kit and repaired it myself and still have 11 snap kits remaining... they are pretty easy to do...

Pic of my kit

014a187f70ce91156d9f409fa542063a.jpg

I think I paid something like $60-$70 for my pair. Heck, If they get a problem I can't fix-They're cheap enough to just replace! Other than Harley's crazy pricing, the other big reason I didn't buy theirs is because folded-they take up the better part of a saddle bag!

Wondering if everybody knows how to fold up and make a pack out of their chaps ????? Will have to look for the video. Take up even less room when you know how to do that. Hope this works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntmmOwgQKo

Just my 2 cents "LOL"

Last edited:
Tom... been doing that since I got them.... love it and solid.....

Just thought I would throw it out there I have found a lot of people who never knew how to do this. Some are just too lazy I guess.

Just thought I would throw it out there I have found a lot of people who never knew how to do this. Some are just too lazy I guess.

It's a hell of a lot easier to Handel them while in the chap roll then folded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuffy 53