Installed the HD Driving Light Kit on my new Glide

I’m sorry that I can’t answer your question about the foam strips. I bought my passing lamps used, so everything was already assembled. If I were in your position and this aux light kit is the HD brand, I’d drop by or call the dealer service department and ask them. They have undoubtedly installed a bunch of those kits and most are pretty cool about answering simple questions.

Because I’m curious, when you find out what the heck it’s for, can you post back to this thread so we’ll know?

I ended up not using the foam strips.
Like the aux lights at night but dont like how the batwing/fairing cant be removed with the aux lights mounted.
aafe1c9372b501fde84464871f2a820c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked like it wouldn’t just pop off like it use to.
Thanks for the info.

To be honest i have not done it yet. But i have the road6 bars and gonna done it soon. And i have the passing lamps...fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Installed the HD Driving Light Kit on my new Glide

Problem solved

Last edited:
I added them to mine and I bought the Daymaker bulb for them. Really bright at night...

Attachments

• IMG_20180402_141543100-Optimized.jpg
    IMG_20180402_141543100-Optimized.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The passing lamps turn off when you turm on the high beams. The HD dealer can flash your bike to cause the passing lamps to stay on with high beams. This is a simple and quick procedure, but my dealer still charged me $60 to do it. I’m a software guy, so it pissed me off that this is not configurable without a flash, and that they charge so much for something that takes two minutes to do.

I want to do tge same thing on my 16 SGS. I’m Canadian and the HD mechanic told me all international bikes need a wiring harness added to make it work on a Canadian bike

I want to do tge same thing on my 16 SGS. I’m Canadian and the HD mechanic told me all international bikes need a wiring harness added to make it work on a Canadian bike
Not sure what wire harness he's talking aboot. I think there was a guy on here overseas that installed them (I only remember because his amber signals turned into run/turn lights after install) and I didn't see him mention a harness.

You have 2 options, buy the harness and install as needed or return, or buy without the harness and if it's needed, get it and add it in.

The flash to allow high beams and lamps bugged me too. When I added them to my 14, the dealer did it free but for my 18 they charged me. Two different dealers though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looked like it wouldn’t just pop off like it use to.
Thanks for the info.

i believe u remove 1 bolt each side on passing lamps & pivot them down. A buddy of mine removes his without dong anything without doing anything with the passing lamps, I would not recommend his method 👎

I just installed the 67800367 aux lighting kit with Vision X LED lamps on my 2015 SGS. I attached the foam strips to the inside of the bezel rings so that they clamp the LED lamps tightly to the aux lamp housing as the bezel ring is tightened.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469