Navy Veteren

Firecat

Dec 23, 2012
I got out in 1976 after serving on the USS Midway as a snipe. A lot of memories still come alive...damn i'm old!

Yea..I'd like to go down to San Diego and see the old girl. I need to check the drains in the photo lab.

Uss norton sound

Uss norton sound

I joined the Navy in september 1974 I was on the USS Norton Sound from 1975-1977 as a Snipe stationed at port hueneme ca.,she has since been taken out of service once again and mothballed. :cool:

I was a Medic in the Australian Navy from 87 to 94. I served on HMAS Perth!!

Combat Medic in Vietnam here Bro (US Army). You're in good company here, lots of Vets and other great folks!!!!!:)

All I can say to all of these post are everyone of you are awesome for the sacrifice for your country. As a former Jarhead grunt a special thanks to the doc's.

All I can say to all of these post are everyone of you are awesome for the sacrifice for your country. As a former Jarhead grunt a special thanks to the doc's.

I couldn't agree with you more, Jay.... THANKS TO ALL!!!! Semper Fi

Active Navy "ET" from 1968- 1977. Then 18 years Navy reserve. Now retired. Would not trade any of it. Great times, experiences but mostly friends.

I joined in Navy in 1968. Bad time for all military. Active till 1977. Did another18 years in the Navy Reserve. Would not trade a day. Great memories, travels, but mostly best friends ever!

Wallyjar 1968 WAS a trying year for being in the military. I remember it well;
Khe Sanh, Tet offensive, Martin Luther King Assassination and Kennedy Assassination.
And that was just in the first 6 months! I also want to acknowledge the military operations that came afterwards up to the present hostilities in Afghanistan. We did what we were assigned to do and take pride in our efforts. We had some good and bad times and made a lot of friends along the way.

Hey datguy maybe we crossed paths at some point I was stationed at Banger NSB in Washington state. As one of the marines on base.

Navy Vet here 1976 to 1981 never on a ship was in the SeaBee's construction equipment mechanic

I was a BT3 "Snipe" 81-86.. USS Coronado "Ivory Beast of the Middle East" 82-83 then USS Lexington 83-86. It's been so long I have just about forgotten the bad times and only really think of the good times...Except that one time in Africa..... :p

I was a BT3 "Snipe" 81-86.. USS Coronado "Ivory Beast of the Middle East" 82-83 then USS Lexington 83-86. It's been so long I have just about forgotten the bad times and only really think of the good times...Except that one time in Africa..... :p

I think I treated a lot of this in the infirmary ! :)

LOL Doc Mojo! That time was actually close to what you guessed.. We were in Kenya and one of the local gals would not leave me alone. I got this bad vibe about her and she was so persistent, I told a buddy that if he would get her off my back "nudge nudge wink wink" I would pay for it...He did and we were not even back in the Persian Gulf when he comes crawling out of the head after a midwatch in tears...Anyway I dodged a huge bullet on that one :)

Like they always say.. "there is no buddy like a buddy effer" :) "I cleaned that one up some....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave