iron mule

Mar 11, 2017
looking at adding a tombstone tail/brake light to a 2016 sg
has anyone done this before
if so do you have any recommendations as to what parts are needed
plan on leaving the stock lights and mounting the tombstone just above them

thanks for any help
mule

I believe Canadian bikes come with one so maybe go to the dealer and see if you can get the Canadian light and associated parts. Otherwise J&P Cycles has Tomestone style taillights.

In addition to J&P Cycles, Kuryakyn, Softbrake, Custom Dynamics, and others have tombstone lights OR LED kits. There was also an original Harley-Davidson tombstone conversion for 90's Softails which have the same fender radius as baggers of the day. I don't have knowledge of any available kits but a bit of ingenuity might go a long way toward making some scrounged parts fit.
If you come up with a solution please post a few pictures. I think it might look nice.

Blues

thanks for the ideas guys
was hoping to find some one that had done this already so that I could get the proper light that would fit the fender and not have to do the order and hope it would fit deal
I called J&P they were not sure which light that they had would fit said they would check and get back to me been about five days but with daytona in progress I suppose it may take a few days for them not a problem with me on that
as you can see I do not rush into these things I like to check to see what is needed and with others to see if they have done it to eliminate some pit falls
thanks again keep them coming
mule

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuffy 53