Tracking device

Rtowne

Mar 18, 2014
I'm working on plans for a solo ride in June and will be on the road 7-10 days. Like many of you when I travel it's more about the ride than the destination. So, I normally don't plan beyond a day at time and rarely make hotel reservations.

With all that said, I'd for my wife to keep up with me along the way and know where I am at any given time.

I know there are a number of devices on the market and would like to know what you use and the pros and cons.

You responses and recommendations will be appreciated.

Just a cell phone here jack! If there's no signal from time to time . . . no problemo. I sometimes text w/pics too.

That's what I use too. But, I know there are devices where she can follow me on a computer.

I'm used to riding with the only electronics in existence being a magneto ignition.

I believe there is a map app that can track your cell phone when you log in.

Not sure what it's called but buddy used it for a trip to Alaska. We could track his progress from day to day.

Might want to turn it off when bar hopping :)

There are several apps now available for free that you can plot your ride.. or just have your GPS on and if somebody wants to see where you are, they can find you with certain apps....

Don't ask me how I know this.... lol!!

Men, I'm sure I'm not speaking just for myself, but if I was on a 7 day solo trip, the last thing i'd want is my old lady to know where I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 61 I'm not dead but I get all the stimulation I need from my bike and maybe a little 🍦 at the end of the day.

If you have a iPhone you can use the find my friends app. I use it all the time to figure out where the Ol lady is.

Sent from the mobile leash

Tracking device

I use the app Find Iphone. As long as you both have the app, she will be able to find you by putting in your iphone username and password.

I use the Waze app. Allows you to send anyone your ETA by providing them a link (via text or e-mail). They then can click on the link at any time to view your current position and ETA.

https://www.waze.com/

Use your Facebook account on your smart phone. If you stop just check in and posts where you had lunch too...good luck

I love using waze for when I want to get from point A to point B.
But, is there a good ap to plug in destination points, or a specific route in between? such as traveling the blue ridge parkway?

If you have a iPhone you can use the find my friends app. I use it all the time to figure out where the Ol lady is.

Sent from the mobile leash

Yup, and mine uses it to make sure I didn't take off work early to hit the road to destinations unknown.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip