Upgrade from 2014 to 2017

LuiBrazil

Oct 20, 2014
Today the 2017 models are reaching at brazilian dealers.
I'm thinking about an upgrade from my 2014 SG.
Did anyone do this? Do you think I will have real improvements for the money?
Thanks.

Good advise. Everyone will have a different view. Remember, this is a motorcycle, it's about how you feel and what you like. Do not try to make financial sense of it. Do keep it affordable.

344466a53941c55a0ddad397888d5338.jpg

Love mine!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those of you that have 2017's, tell us what you like and dislike now that you have a few miles on them.
I'm going to pull the trigger soon myself. :cool:

I had a 15 SGS. I traded it in on a 17. The difference to me is the entire rideability of the bike. It's easier to pull out of a drive with a passenger on back because it pulls so much smoother. There is a lot more space for my knees, because of narrower air cleaner and primary. The bike holds a line through a curve. The 15 would almost fight holding a line through curves. The suspension is a giant leap. No more jolts to spine on road expansion joints. The transmission goes into first with no noise. None. It shifts so easy I am taking heel shifter off. The engine is a lot smoother and pulls very hard. The heat that rolled under my right leg is gone. It is a totally different bike, yet the character of the 15 is still there. All the things I didn't like about the 15 are fixed. I have no complaints.

Scarpe- Thanks for the nice reply, did you change colors this time?:cool:

I have the 2017 SGS in velocity red with 1100 miles so far.. The road test did it for me. I tried the Victory Cross Country, which I thought was a bit slow, drive train was noisy and ran hot! Nice looking and had nice features though..comfortable too.

Then I drove the Indian Chieftain which I thought was decent all around. Good quality, very comfortable, loved the adjustable windscreen pretty quick with good brakes..but it ran hot roasting my thighs from the rear cylinder and the looks were good for the retro look but it wasn't me...

Then it was the 2107 Harley SGS...it was fast and smooth from the get go, drivetrain was smooth and quiet, handling won hands down over the others, much more nimble, lots of chrome, very comfortable and had the classic looks of the Street Glide. I knew within a few miles this was the bike and bought it on the spot in October 2016... Had to change to a higher windshield (7" recurve) because of excessive buffeting...that took care of it. All else is awesome! Love the GPS!

I will change from Mystery Red to Velocity. I still like that color and they're close. Right now I'm slowly removing any bling that will cross to the 17 except the J&M sound system and exhaust/AC systems.

I traded in a 2014 103ho Daytona blue (loved that color) to the 2017 velocity red totally a great ride getting ready to install stage 3 114 kit! Can't wait 😁

I was riding a 2006 HD Dyna Streetbob. My first street motorcycle, to own. Black denim, just thought it was cool as hell, and I poured a ton of money into that bike, top to bottom and inside and out. Since I'm a mechanic, a lot of the work I did myself, and really enjoyed it. Last couple years kinda wanted to upgrade to a touring bike. Being 5'7" I had my concerns if I would be able to handle a streetglide. Went into dealership to buy girl friend some boots and sales guy got to bs'ing with me, one thing leads to another and I took a test drive on it. I was shocked how the new 17 streetglide did not shake like a sick dog, like my dyna did, lol. How smooth it was and how much more torque and power it had than my TC88 motor. I bought it that day, a 17 charcoal denim SGS and loving it!

Those of you that have 2017's, tell us what you like and dislike now that you have a few miles on them.
I'm going to pull the trigger soon myself. :cool:
I put 13" fox shocks on the rear and the bike rides great. It's the first change I would make.

I pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2017 M8 SGS. My buddy went with me and bought one also. An interesting fact. His 2015 Ultra in the special Cosmic Blue was worth LESS on trade than my 2014 Street Glide Special. I asked later why and they told me the SGS's are worth more because they are the #1 HD model.

Well congratulations Mojo thought you were waiting until this spring. Did you get the RED one ???

Well congratulations Mojo thought you were waiting until this spring. Did you get the RED one ???

Thanks Tom- I did order the Velocity red. i will take delivery some time after 1/15. I have hard lowers on order plus a few more things to go in it. My buddy that went with me ordered a Velocity red as well.His will be in within the next week.

I pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2017 M8 SGS. My buddy went with me and bought one also. An interesting fact. His 2015 Ultra in the special Cosmic Blue was worth LESS on trade than my 2014 Street Glide Special. I asked later why and they told me the SGS's are worth more because they are the #1 HD model.
Congrats Mojo!

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469