What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Damn dude that's awful. What did they do, dry hump your bike with a shopping cart? I really don't know how to approach a touch up like that on denim. I just hope the dealer does.

Yesterday I gutted my cat. I couldn't resist revving it a Few times before putting the mufflers back on. Now I flashed in a new map at v&h's suggestion and auto tuning. I'll look at some new mufflers in a few months to replace my opened stock mufflers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Did the first service. 1,000 miles on the nose.
Went with Amsoil full synthetic in all 3 holes.
The transmission is remarkably quieter! Can't even hear a click when shifting into first.

Did the first service. 1,000 miles on the nose.
Went with Amsoil full synthetic in all 3 holes.
The transmission is remarkably quieter! Can't even hear a click when shifting into first.

That's great. But it's all those loud clunks going from first to: 2-3-4-5-6 that bother me!!! :(

That's great. But it's all those loud clunks going from first to: 2-3-4-5-6 that bother me!!! :(

When I did my 1k maintenance at the dealership they told me they don't recommend synthetic until 5k maintenance. Anyone know why they would say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I did my 1k maintenance at the dealership they told me they don't recommend synthetic until 5k maintenance. Anyone know why they would say that?

Beats me, I was told they came with Syn 3 from the factory...

Beats me, I was told they came with Syn 3 from the factory...
They don't come from the factory with synthetic. No vehicle does. The oil that comes from the factory helps seat the seals and things. Synthetic oil does not allow this to happen. It is great for after break in. Do your 1k service with conventional and switch to synthetic at your 5k. I use synthetic because conventional oil breaks down well before the recommended 5k intervals. This is in my own personal experience and observation.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes I believe they do, told me they drain the synthetic out of the cvo's b4 they sell them & replace it with conventional...... he has been on me for 2 yrs to go back to dinosaur oil. Well last service I did, probably going back synthetic next time I service it. It did quiet valve train slightly. But synthetic is superior in all other aspects.

Got the new front wheel put on. Stock size and design, but chrome.
c159d84325d56811154eb79845af3a8c.jpg
fd386f01797bca82758c665be3754f13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rode up from Long Island to Americade in Lake George, beautiful weather, thousands of bikes = great time!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Changed a bulb today. Can't believe just over a year old and 12k miles one went out?

Changed a bulb today. Can't believe just over a year old and 12k miles one went out?

I replaced my left rear signal bulb 3 times in one year. I solved that problem by converting to LED.

Today I rode with a new group of guys and had a great time. We rode through MD from Rockville to Port Deposit. The scenery was just beautiful and it was great to connect with a new group of riders.

Installed my new LA Choppers 10" Ape Hangers. Now have to decide on where to put my new mirrors
e39a7e47c6dff11dd1d0499b4aed8f72.jpg
b1d5bc6802149cfba749c5f7ee78951f.jpg
3e79cd6f45caad49f62e3891fcb23ef1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msdenney