What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Really do like those flip boards... Ordered 7" Freedom Shield dark. Picking up luggage rack and bag this weekend for 700 mile run to Asheville. Told the wife I need to get out or Orlando for a while.. She said yeah I need you out for a while too planning trip in early September. Just bought 18 acres last year... Plenty room to camp and decompress with nearest neighbor 1 mile on all sides... Life is good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We love Ashville. We go to the mountains several times a year and stay in Hot Springs. The house is on Hwy 209 better known as the Rattler!! Awesome ride and is only an hour from Ashville. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man Hot Springs is a cool area.. My place is near Old Fort at foot of Cold Mountain.. Absolutely love that area

Stupid auto correct. Black Mountain

AHA!! That makes sense! We were there just 3 weeks ago and eat Pizza downtown and scooted over to the Harley shop and back to Hot Springs!! Love that area!! Didn't mean to highjack the thread!! I just enjoy riding in the mountains!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bugslide routine for my bike- and installed a custom derby cover on another bike.
If you've ever wondered, changing a derby cover is within your skill set if you know how to loosen/tighten torx bolts and if you can sit the bike upright (center stand or jack).

Hi Road Warrior sorry it took me so long to get back to you just got back from Thailand. it is alittle firmer than that stock seat but I have only taken a few rides on it and well its awesome I got my with back rest and keep forgetting to take it when I do go on a ride. it is worth the money for it and yes it expensive but if you are military they give discounts way worth it. im 6'2" and wasn't sure if I should get the daddy long legs but after talking to Veronica about it on the Phone she had me convinced it was the right choice.

Went on a 292 mile ride today. Went up through Danville, VA, Martinsville, down through Mayberry (Mt. Airy, NC) and across to Wilkesboro, NC and back home. It was a great and long day.

IMG_0504.jpgIMG_0506.jpgIMG_0509.jpg

Put on some new floorboards and inserts. Kinda like them. Broke them in on about 200 miles through western MO.IMG_3401.JPGIMG_3400.JPG

I like those. The stock boards for the special are nice, but they don't really go with my vision for the bike.... Which boards and inserts are those?

I like those. The stock boards for the special are nice, but they don't really go with my vision for the bike.... Which boards and inserts are those?

Mandrew,
Thanks, the boards are from Baker Customs Inc. They make nice accessories for Harley's. Kinda pricy but seem to be good quality. These boards are extended 1" forward. They have regular and 1 1/2" also. These also have a short skirt. There is a little extra material around the edge of the board also. They end up being a little bigger than stock but i kinda like the way they look and they work great for my big feet. The inserts are arlen ness.

Hi Road Warrior sorry it took me so long to get back to you just got back from Thailand. it is alittle firmer than that stock seat but I have only taken a few rides on it and well its awesome I got my with back rest and keep forgetting to take it when I do go on a ride. it is worth the money for it and yes it expensive but if you are military they give discounts way worth it. im 6'2" and wasn't sure if I should get the daddy long legs but after talking to Veronica about it on the Phone she had me convinced it was the right choice.

I talked to Veronica also. I went with the Monterey Solo with backrest and 11" pillion all in Mercedes leather. I had a chance to try one out. Very comfy seat.

Went down to the Harley shop today and noticed a tail light display they had set up with LED turn signals and tail light, so I told the parts guy, I want that for my '15 SGS. So I get all the parts and head home. I get all my new parts out and something doesn't look right....oh yea...the SGS doesn't have a tail light. So back to the Harley shop I went to swap the tail light out for some saddle bag bars, which had to be ordered.

The LED turn signals are cool though.

Had dinner with the Grandson last night, he wanted me to ride over today since he hadn't seen the bike yet.
uploadfromtaptalk1438565884487.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Went down to the Harley shop today and noticed a tail light display they had set up with LED turn signals and tail light, so I told the parts guy, I want that for my '15 SGS. So I get all the parts and head home. I get all my new parts out and something doesn't look right....oh yea...the SGS doesn't have a tail light. So back to the Harley shop I went to swap the tail light out for some saddle bag bars, which had to be ordered.

Excuse me here . . . . your HD parts guy didn't know a 2015 StreetGlide DOESN'T have a Tail Light??:confused:

Depending on how much you're willing to hack up the bike, you can make a new taillight fit just above the light bar. Intl models have then already, since turns need to be amber across the pond.

Sent from my phone.

I added passenger floorboards for the wife. They were real easy to install, and don't look too bad. Fricken expensive though! Why????
Oh, I also changed my security code for the alarm system. The bike acted weird after, but seems to be back to normal now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469