What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Added some Bag Guard Bags, Mid Frame Heat Deflectors and a Black 4pnt Mount. Then took her out for a little spin, about 250 miles. Brought her home gave her a bath and put her to bed.
IMG_3385.jpgIMG_3389.jpgIMG_3392.jpgIMG_3393.jpg

Farmboy... Nice looking bike!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CrBear, I appreciate the comment. It's getting there. Today I got back my CVO mufflers from The Ceramic Coating guy and they will go on tomorrow morning.
So did you have to come all the way up here to Worth to get a deal or were they the only ones that had the bike you wanted and couldn't find it any closer to home?

CrBear, I appreciate the comment. It's getting there. Today I got back my CVO mufflers from The Ceramic Coating guy and they will go on tomorrow morning.
So did you have to come all the way up here to Worth to get a deal or were they the only ones that had the bike you wanted and couldn't find it any closer to home?

I knew I wanted the Mysterious Red (after the black/chrome Dyna) and couldn't find "any" that color in TX/ARK/OK/LA. Happen to see one at Worth Harley in KC and they went out of there way to give me a good deal. It was worth the trailer up and back. They were awesome and would recommend to anyone.
Was kinda amazed how Kansas looked like Texas.. flat with lots of land.. ha

I knew I wanted the Mysterious Red (after the black/chrome Dyna) and couldn't find "any" that color in TX/ARK/OK/LA. Happen to see one at Worth Harley in KC and they went out of there way to give me a good deal. It was worth the trailer up and back. They were awesome and would recommend to anyone.
Was kinda amazed how Kansas looked like Texas.. flat with lots of land.. ha

I've heard pretty good things about Worth. I ended up getting mine at Rawhide here in Olathe, just up the street from my shop. I suppose there are some similarities between Texas and Kansas. Both been pretty hot lately too.

Re-installed the progressive shocks...
Its usually not a good thing when you have parts left over..
Had installed them in a hurry and noticed the sleeves in the eyelets wouldn't fit...
Set aside and installed anyway. Then felt something wasn't quite right, found guys who were putting those sleeves in the freezer to 24 hr. Did that and they slid on easy.. Feel better about it now, no left over parts.. ha

I had the windshield bags on my Roadking that I traded for the SG, and miss them on the new bike. Are the ones that you put on from Harley, or another company? Also, do you have the part #? I have searched, and have not been able to find the ones that fit the 2014 and up SG fairings. Nice color by the way, that is what I wanted, and found one! Thanks!

Just put on my fairing bag.
8a36b51f434ec05c92c01d94dc3722ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the windshield bags on my Roadking that I traded for the SG, and miss them on the new bike. Are the ones that you put on from Harley, or another company? Also, do you have the part #? I have searched, and have not been able to find the ones that fit the 2014 and up SG fairings. Nice color by the way, that is what I wanted, and found one! Thanks!

I think this is what you're looking for....

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/3-pocket-fairing-pouch

I installed one, but can't remember the part#. Harley dealer had it on the shelf.

So, do the heat deflectors work and did you have them color matched?

I did notice a reduction in the heat, so yes they do work. Not painted, they came in black which worked out for me. My buddy had his painted to match his Mysterious Red and it cost him about $100

Got my rear speaker plug from Soundz. Installed opened the amp changed the input from 2ch to 4ch bumped the fader a couple clicks to the rears and wow didn't think it could sound much better. I can hear the rears while riding (under 40) and can even feel the bass thump from them. Lost a tad of volume but still can make my ears bleed at 80mph if I want too.

:cool:

Based on Flatlander's recommendation, I installed a gloss black trim ring and ditched the chrome ring around the headlight.
View attachment 6888
Nice!
200 miles last night, cruised around and went to Soledad from San Francisco. 200+ miles today coming back to SF. lots of miles this week

Thanks guys. Ever since I put it on the bike, I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. It's a cheap little mod, but it's just one more thing to make mine "mine."

Sent from my phone.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Passed a same Mysterious Red SG or SGS tonight in Plano, Tx. We were enjoying the ride so didn't stop. Don't know if he's on the forum or not?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I went out to the garage and just looked at her and gave her a gentle wipe down!! I am recovering from 6 bee stings from Saturday that went up my "shorts" leg and I had a severe allergic skin reaction. I guess Im kind of lucky that I had on boxer briefs so all damage to inner thigh...sweet meat!!!!
The thing is that i usually wear pants/jeans but this was a local fundraiser ride and it was 96 degrees but decided to wear shorts and I have paid for it or just some damn bad luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put some Kuryakyn Flip Boards on last night. FlipBoards.jpgFlipBoards2.jpg

And added the pack for a 1,000 road trip to Sturgis. Sturgis Bound.jpg

Last edited:
Put some Kuryakyn Flip Boards on last night. View attachment 7111View attachment 7112

And added the pack for a 1,000 road trip to Sturgis. View attachment 7113

Really do like those flip boards... Ordered 7" Freedom Shield dark. Picking up luggage rack and bag this weekend for 700 mile run to Asheville. Told the wife I need to get out or Orlando for a while.. She said yeah I need you out for a while too planning trip in early September. Just bought 18 acres last year... Plenty room to camp and decompress with nearest neighbor 1 mile on all sides... Life is good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469