2017 exhaust

SE street cannons

SE street cannons

Quik,
how much are you asking for the SE street cannons and do you still have them? are they black or chrome?
thank you.

They are chrome with the two piece end cap. Paid $600 I have a couple of guys that have made an offer, if you are interested PM an offer, I'm gonna let them go to the highest offer.

My 17 has about 1050 miles on my street cannons after the stage 2 power cam last week it really changed the overall sound of my bike I was thinking of getting some different mufflers but these things sound great now I think they are going to stick around

Just got my exhaust completed finally. Bike already had the Stage 1 kit from the dealer with the street cannons on. I went with S&S slip on's with the Vance and Hines Power duals. Major difference in both sound and performance. Originally had just the slip on's installed for about the last month because the Power duals were on back order for ever. Nothing noticeable except for the tone was deeper and was a little louder with just the pipes. Hard to say how great of an improvement it would be over stock also, but I did notice an improvement mostly in the top end (3000+ rpm) after I got the power duals installed. The bike feels like it runs a lot nicer, especially on the freeway. Probably just flows more freely now. I do a lot of highway riding usually about 75/80mph and it feels like the bike struggles a lot less to get to that speed and maintain it or go faster now. Very happy overall now.

20161227_214003.jpg
20161227_214009.jpg

I installed the 2017 Cobra Neighbor Hater slip on (NH) series on my bike and I love them. They are awesome and I don't plan to do much else with the rig as it sounds amazing. Love it

Did the stage 1 with screaming eagle slip-ons that i had the dealership throw in after the deal at no cost. Used an FP3 tuner. I then decided that the sound was not what i was looking for. Upgraded to D&D billet 2 into 1 system with vortex baffles and slant cut tips. Have run 3 tanks with the autotune and the sound and performance is phenomenal. The pipes are quiet enough to get out of my development but when you get on it they sound great. I now have a set of black screaming eagle slipons with 4.5" black defiance tips to sell.

I paid $450 for the SE Canons, plus $100 for the tips, because the dealer informed me of Harley getting grouchy about aftermarket stuff on the 8-Valve. After finding out that I can beer belch louder than the SE slip-ons, I sent the stockers to American Custom. It sounds much better. While I have gutted the converter in every so-equipped bike heretofore, I think I will leave this one alone (maybe).
Was there any performance loss with the American custom slip on. Seems to me they have very little back pressure and these bikes need it.

I noticed no performance loss, but I'm still running the converter. However, I am in the process of machining custom tips for the slip-ons (which is why I am up at 5:00 on a Saturday: To go into work and finish them while I can get on a lathe). These tips will retain 1-3/4" diameter stainless exhaust tubing. My expectation is that the smaller diameter will get the exhaust gas velocity up, so I will see how that effects performance and sound. Since it is barely above zero, the next step will hopefully be an early spring to try it out. Depending on how this works out, I may later post the details of this set-up. So far, I have $70 in the 304 stainless exhaust tubing (18 gauge) and $32 in 16 inches of 3-1/4 diameter 6061 round stock. 16 inches is way more than needed, but I got a good deal from our aluminum supplier, as this stock was a drop.

Is retuning necessary with slip on's? Thinking of going to the SE Street Canons on my '17 SGS.
I was told it wasn't needed when I was ordering the pieces and parts for the new '17 SGS I just purchased. I heard it straight from the service manager and a tech.

Rule of thumb: If you're just doing an air cleaner OR slip-ons, No tuner required.
If you're doing both or catless headpipe, YES you need a tuner.

I was told it wasn't needed when I was ordering the pieces and parts for the new '17 SGS I just purchased. I heard it straight from the service manager and a tech.

I was told at the parts counter when I was looking at Rinehart slip ons that I had to buy the tuner as well. They said the 17's had to be tuned again but that I could do it myself if I didn't want to pay the labor charges.

I was told at the parts counter when I was looking at Rinehart slip ons that I had to buy the tuner as well. They said the 17's had to be tuned again but that I could do it myself if I didn't want to pay the labor charges.

Parts people told me the same thing only on the Screamin' Eagle mufflers. Service guys over ruled that. The parts guys have a business plan just like the sales team, finance etc... Sure they want to sell you the tuner and it probably won't hurt a thing, but it's not neccessary.

The right side muffler (cam side) has a 2-1/2" inlet, whereas the other side's is 1-3/4". The thing is that the 2-1/2" inlet quickly necks down to 1-3/4". I just went through this with the stockers I had American Custom gut. I put 1-3/4" stainless exhaust tubing (18 gauge/.049 wall) in both stockers to increase the exhaust gas velocity and give me more sound. I had to expand the right tubing to 1-3/4" ID to get it to fit over the reducer in the right hand pipe. The left pipe fit nice with 1-3/4" OD after milling a slot to clear the notch stamped in the left slip-on.

We had one of those rare January 65-degree days in Northern Indiana last Saturday, so I went for a putt. It sounds much better, at least for a guy who ran drag pipes back in the day. With the converter, it is not ear-splitting at steady throttle, but it sure sounded better at idle and when going through the gears. I couldn't tell any seat of the pants difference in throttle response or power, but it had been two months since I rode it; and with all the sand and potholes on the roads, I was concentrating on obstacle avoidance as opposed to full throttle blasts. Since the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons are 1-3/4" diameter core, I wanted to keep the exhaust gas velocity similar with the American Custom gutted stockers, but without the baffling.

Sorry about posting twice on the same subject. I thought my first post got lost. But while I'm here, I'll add two things: First, I kept the converter, so I'm still getting some back pressure in the exhaust upstream. Second, I am reading here that some are saying software isn't needed with just slip-ons. I'm not disputing that, but I will say that my off-idle throttle response was greatly improved after installing the SE tuner. The day I brought the bike home in bone stock condition, I felt like I was going to kill the engine every time I took off (and did a few times). After trying both the SE slip-ons and the gutted stockers, I noticed no difference. I did the SE tuner when I installed the "Heavy Breather." This is when the throttle response infinitely improved, although the idle speed increased about 50 RPM. BTW, I always wondered if "Heavy Breather" was supposed to be naughty, but I think it's just from the gasping one does when seeing the $400 price tag.

I'm just following what the service manager and tech guy stated about the tuner not neccessary with SE slip-ons.

Now if I notice something wonky with the idle or otherwise the tuner is always an option to do.

That's all I can speak to ATM. Bought the SG a couple weeks ago and the dealership is still awaiting the last part arrival of the MOCO "painted CVO bags to appear. I'm guessing they painted them when the color is in its rotation. I wanted it completely done and final inspection on their premises before delivery. Going a bit crazy, but it will be all worth it.

I can wait... weather here is total crap these days. Come on springtime...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469