Batten down the hatches

Pick a date for next year. Whoever can make, great. The others, maybe next go around. Different person take charge each year for a different part of the country.
I like this idea. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for something like this to pop up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I'm thinking Sturgis next year ?? What do you think I know a few of us west coasters are planning it already.

Just throwing an idea out there and could be some wild times to remember for ever LOL

I'm thinking Sturgis next year ?? What do you think I know a few of us west coasters are planning it already.

Just throwing an idea out there and could be some wild times to remember for ever LOL

I guess that's a start. I was thinking a smaller venue for less crowded rides, easier to find grub and off the beaten path.

Buckshot I was just throwing that out there something smaller would probably be better to spend some time and get to know each other.

TomA I was thinking along those lines as its fairly "centrally located" but I'm open for anything. I hope the fuel prices favor us when the time comes, I shot this today . . . .
photoBP.JPG

Denver? Almost center. Glad the bunker kept you safe MOJO.

Last edited:
Anybody whoe does make it to Sturgis though should meet up. I already have my reservations made for Glencoe :)

Hell, y'all could bring the bikes further down south where the weather is nicer this time of year. If I could get the time off for a nice long trip though, I'd be game.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

You know guys . . . . IF we did Sturgis, why not do it before the Sturgis Rally? It would be less crowded, perhaps cooler, much cheaper and easy to find accommodations AND, no loooong lines to do or see anything.:cool:

You know guys . . . . IF we did Sturgis, why not do it before the Sturgis Rally? It would be less crowded, perhaps cooler, much cheaper and easy to find accommodations AND, no loooong lines to do or see anything.:cool:

I like that idea. :D

I found this article: the-truth-about-the-sturgis-motorcycle-rally

"In short, Sturgis has become nothing more than the state fair. Fat, conventional, cliche, and common. You just need a bike and you’re there.

However, this does not mean the town of Sturgis and the Black Hills area itself isn’t worth it.

To this day I am shocked and surprised how few people know about the Black Hills, Badlands National Park, and Deadwood. But while most people write off South Dakota as another white bred, boring, hicksville state, the far west side of the state is by far the most beautiful country in the country. The peaks are not too tall that you have to worry about snow in July. The Badlands are one of the genuinely unique national parks that everybody must visit. The landscape is dotted with abandoned mining towns with a bar that nobody will ever find you at. And if you have any inkling of patriotism and love for the US, I don’t know how you can leave this planet without visiting Mount Rushmore. But the key to avail yourself of this mandatory country is, above all else, to AVOID THE STURGIS RALLY.

The sad truth is that the Sturgis rally, which made the Black Hills what it is, denies it its best features. You don’t want to go to Sturgis for the rally, you want to go there for the wide open west. You don’t want to go there to be part of the crowd, you want to go there to be alone with your thoughts at some no name bar. You want to pilot your bike through the Spearfish Canyon and the Needles Highway unencumbered. You want to ride peacefully through the Badlands. And you can’t do that when 750,000 motorcyclists are occupying a highway system that is normally designed to support a population of only 100,000.

So my advice to you, motorcycle enthusiast or not, is to visit Sturgis, but a solid two weeks before or after the rally. You really aren’t missing anything, unless you have a serious hankering for flabby, wrinkly, baby boomer ass."

Mojo I like that idea they say there is some beautiful riding in that country no matter when but before maybe just a little hotter earlier. Just talked to a buddy I haven't talked to for about 12 years after reconnecting on this site through another buddy who just joined. Wondering just when would be the best time to meet up for everybody is. Something we'll just have to work out over the next couple of months.

Batten down the hatches

Hulkss I couldn't agree more!! Last time I went to sturgis will be the last I go to sturgis. Going before or after would be far better . It sucked I hated it! We spent no time at the event and just rode out to mt Rushmore . And left 2 days in to get away from there and ride back through Wyoming and back to Colorado to hook up with some friends and have some real fun. Not to mention oh lord was glenco the worst place I'd ever stayed ! Broken spoke way better !! But to each his own.

Former Jersey Jeepers treasurer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhh baby, grannies need luven to!

I found this article: the-truth-about-the-sturgis-motorcycle-rally

"In short, Sturgis has become nothing more than the state fair. Fat, conventional, cliche, and common. You just need a bike and you’re there.

However, this does not mean the town of Sturgis and the Black Hills area itself isn’t worth it.

To this day I am shocked and surprised how few people know about the Black Hills, Badlands National Park, and Deadwood. But while most people write off South Dakota as another white bred, boring, hicksville state, the far west side of the state is by far the most beautiful country in the country. The peaks are not too tall that you have to worry about snow in July. The Badlands are one of the genuinely unique national parks that everybody must visit. The landscape is dotted with abandoned mining towns with a bar that nobody will ever find you at. And if you have any inkling of patriotism and love for the US, I don’t know how you can leave this planet without visiting Mount Rushmore. But the key to avail yourself of this mandatory country is, above all else, to AVOID THE STURGIS RALLY.

The sad truth is that the Sturgis rally, which made the Black Hills what it is, denies it its best features. You don’t want to go to Sturgis for the rally, you want to go there for the wide open west. You don’t want to go there to be part of the crowd, you want to go there to be alone with your thoughts at some no name bar. You want to pilot your bike through the Spearfish Canyon and the Needles Highway unencumbered. You want to ride peacefully through the Badlands. And you can’t do that when 750,000 motorcyclists are occupying a highway system that is normally designed to support a population of only 100,000.

So my advice to you, motorcycle enthusiast or not, is to visit Sturgis, but a solid two weeks before or after the rally. You really aren’t missing anything, unless you have a serious hankering for flabby, wrinkly, baby boomer ass."

Been out there several times and to the rally also. I would be all for Sturgis a week or two on either side. Preferably two as far as I'm concerned. Gonna be busy rally next year. A lot more people than usual.

Just curious, what are you guys thinking, guys trip or better halves also????

Last edited:
Buckshot I think everybody would be good with bringing the wives and having some fun. That's what this is all about I think meeting up and getting to know each other.

Just my 2cents

Works for me either way. I know my wife loves the hills and would love a nice casual get together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469