Best LED headlight

Quik

Oct 6, 2016
Looking for a nice LED headlight but no way I'm spending $500 for the HD daymaker. I see all kinds of "knock off" daymakers, some for as little as $99. Who has used any of these knock offs and what are your thoughts on which is best. Another question, can I just put a LED bulb in the stock headlight, if so what kind/model number.

Checked out the JW speaker but alot of reviews say the color does not match the dynamic ringz turn signals, says color temp is around 5k. Anyone know of a good light with a color temp of around 6K?

Gee, thanks guys.....you just cost me $250.00 on eBay, and the extra $20.00 + tax at the Harley dealer in the next few days. My first complaint with my 2017 was the low beam headlight. High beam is fine, but low was not bright enough, and not nearly enough light in the ditches.

Checked out the JW speaker but alot of reviews say the color does not match the dynamic ringz turn signals, says color temp is around 5k. Anyone know of a good light with a color temp of around 6K?

It's my experience that the whiter the light, the less visible light you have, since your eye is more capable of seeing light in a longer wavelength (closer to the ugly yellow we all hate). However, I understand your desire to match what you already have installed.

Last edited:
for the Evo 2 light do you need to buy the adapter from Harley ? also in the market for a new headlight for my 2017 SGS

Gee, thanks guys.....you just cost me $250.00 on eBay, and the extra $20.00 + tax at the Harley dealer in the next few days. My first complaint with my 2017 was the low beam headlight. High beam is fine, but low was not bright enough, and not nearly enough light in the ditches.

Harley + StreetGlide.com = Wallet booty hurt!

e198425c5a221c5528bdc8c374a643f7.jpg

Last edited:
2014 and up needs the wiring adapter. I am leaning towards the Eagle lights 8700 gen 2, its $179 and seems to have higher color temp than the JW speaker

I just went with the Eaglelites daymaker 8700 gen 2. I like what I see on their website, they seem like a reputable company with great reviews on their products, got a 10% discount as well so $161 for the gen 2 light. I will let you know how it is when it comes in and I get it installed.

I just went with the Eaglelites daymaker 8700 gen 2. I like what I see on their website, they seem like a reputable company with great reviews on their products, got a 10% discount as well so $161 for the gen 2 light. I will let you know how it is when it comes in and I get it installed.

Interested to hear your thoughts once you get it. Their regular light seems to get good reviews and I've been looking at them just can't decide if I like the Generation 2 (the one you ordered), the Generation 2 reflector or the standard reflector which looks like a Truck Lite Phase 7 clone.

What was the coupon code?

Here are the results from my JW Speaker EVO 2 install. Bike is a 2017 SGS.

OEM Low Beam

OEM High Beam

JW Speaker Evo2 Low Beam

JW Speaker Evo2 High Beam

I also discovered......

JW Speaker manufacturers the Daymaker for HD. The Evo 2 and the Daymaker latest revision is the same lamp, without the HD branding of course.

Why Harley wants you to pay double for the same lamp with HD badging......something I will never understand.

Thanks for the pics and the review, Beast. I am considering an LED. Yeah, that Bar-and-Shield (TM) doubles the price. I tried the PIAA bulbs; and while the high beam is great, low beam is el-stinko. Your pics showed much-improved side coverage, which is very important with the start of deer season.

Last edited:
I also discovered......

JW Speaker manufacturers the Daymaker for HD. The Evo 2 and the Daymaker latest revision is the same lamp, without the HD branding of course.

Why Harley wants you to pay double for the same lamp with HD badging......something I will never understand.

I'm loving mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith