Best LED headlight

Just installed my LED headlight and the light is amazing but my radio will barely pick up any stations now. Any ideas? 2017 street glide special

Just installed my LED headlight and the light is amazing but my radio will barely pick up any stations now. Any ideas? 2017 street glide special
I'm not having any issues with radio and JW Speaker. I'm running and external short antenna.

I think I may just try some LED bulbs in my stock headlight. Are any of you running just bulbs? if so, which bulbs do you have or recommend, pictures of the color would be great also if anyone has them.

I just went with the Eaglelites daymaker 8700 gen 2. I like what I see on their website, they seem like a reputable company with great reviews on their products, got a 10% discount as well so $161 for the gen 2 light. I will let you know how it is when it comes in and I get it installed.

Did you get yours in and installed? Still thinking about ordering one from them.

Yes I installed it, I am getting static in the FM radio reception but the light looks so good and the light output is amazing so I"m keeping it. I don't listen to the FM radio anyway, Pandora or Iheart radio so I'm good with it. I ride with some friends who have Harley day makers and this light blows them away in terms of day visibility and night vision. Much whiter/brighter light than the $575 Harley light. Harley has two versions of the projector day maker now, the one I have is the same as the new Harley model not the first version.

Yes I installed it, I am getting static in the FM radio reception but the light looks so good and the light output is amazing so I"m keeping it. I don't listen to the FM radio anyway, Pandora or Iheart radio so I'm good with it. I ride with some friends who have Harley day makers and this light blows them away in terms of day visibility and night vision. Much whiter/brighter light than the $575 Harley light. Harley has two versions of the projector day maker now, the one I have is the same as the new Harley model not the first version.

Sweet. Any chance you could get some pics? I have Dynamic Ringz Turn signals and I'm wanting to see if the color matches. The only lights I've seen that do is the Daymaker, Truck Lite and Custom Dynamics Tru Beam.

I also have the dynamic rings and the color match is perfect, the daymaker has a color temperature of 5k this eagle light is 6k.

Also, the eagle light keeps the low beam projector on with the high beam, crazy bright! The Harley daymaker only keeps one on, either low or high, not both

I just installed the FM bulbs in mine and they're super bright! This was a huge improvement over the stock halogens. Here are a couple of nighttime beam shots on LO & HI and one closeup of the LO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Also, the eagle light keeps the low beam projector on with the high beam, crazy bright! The Harley daymaker only keeps one on, either low or high, not both

Sounds good. When you get a chance if you don't mind it would be nice to see the light on the bike as well as a couple beam output shots either on the road or against a wall. I know I would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure others would as well!

My Harley Daymaker keeps both lights on high and low its a 2016 SGS.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The guys I ride with have 2016's also but both of theirs only keep one projector on, when high beam is clicked the low goes off. Not sure what the deal is then

I went with replacing the OEM bulbs with LED, I used SiriusLED's https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K61CG5U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are much better than the stock bulbs, and for $60 for two they are a great deal. I've had them for about a year now, no issues. They fit just like the regular bulb, takes two seconds to swap them.

And they look like they will color match the Custom Dynamics Ringz turn signals color wise. $60 seems like a no brainer here

Last edited:
Fuel Moto has a nice pair of replacement bulbs for the OEM headlight.

Here's a really good comparison of the Truck-lite and the jw speaker. You really do get what you pay for with LEDs. http://bogiesreviews.webs.com/Review - Phase 7 LED Headlights & Passing Lamps.pdf

FYI I have the fuel moto LEDs for my dual halogen and passing lamps. The main headlight floods out quite a bit and isn't focused as well as with a halogen bulb. The passing lamps are almost worse, they light up the Damn trees and really don't cast much light on the road. With that said, the headlight does emit more light and helps light up the reload but since it doesn't project as it should and instead floods everything in front of the bike, it's not as effective as it should be. On the plus side, it makes the front of my bike brighter and look larger which is good for safety, but for visibility I'm less than impressed.

This also brings up a topic which I understand but ignore endlessly : focused beam lamps cannot effectively be retrofitted!

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
I decided to go with the Eagle Lights Daymaker. $160 and matches my Custom Dynamics rings perfectly. Was going to go with bulbs only but really like this option better. Love it.

Last edited:
I decided to go with the Eagle Lights Daymaker. $160 and matches my Custom Dynamics rings perfectly. Was going to go with bulbs only but really like this option better. Love it.

I put the eagle lights 8700 gen 2 on my bike, I love it but I get radio interference, do you get any on your bike?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith