Best LED headlight

I just saw long ride shields has a set of headlight and passing lamps for sub 300. They only list the LEDs as being osram (aka Sylvania, or lighting science group). No beam shots that I can find. They're a projector setup that looks similar to the jw Evo.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

I put the eagle lights 8700 gen 2 on my bike, I love it but I get radio interference, do you get any on your bike?

Quik- I've also heard of radio static and interference with aftermarket (H-9 & H-11) bulbs for the stock headlamp bucket.

Do you guys use the internal antenna or external? I have a tiny bit of static with my fuel moto LEDs but I usually don't notice it and I still get reception further than I thought I would with the shorty antenna.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Eagle lights. Should have done it right the first time.

Do you guys use the internal antenna or external? I have a tiny bit of static with my fuel moto LEDs but I usually don't notice it and I still get reception further than I thought I would with the shorty antenna.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Eagle lights. Should have done it right the first time.

I got my LED head lamp from HOG WORKZ they dont have that problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looking for a nice LED headlight but no way I'm spending $500 for the HD daymaker. I see all kinds of "knock off" daymakers, some for as little as $99. Who has used any of these knock offs and what are your thoughts on which is best. Another question, can I just put a LED bulb in the stock headlight, if so what kind/model number.
I got a Hog workz led and it is a very nice light. Its not over priced and made of quality. Check out HOGWORKZ.COM

Last edited:

I run the internal antenna, but I have the JW speaker head light. I hardly listen to the stereo, I always Bluetooth my phone to it and play my music. But when I do listen to the stereo, I don't hear no static.

I just saw long ride shields has a set of headlight and passing lamps for sub 300. They only list the LEDs as being osram (aka Sylvania, or lighting science group). No beam shots that I can find. They're a projector setup that looks similar to the jw Evo.

That looks really promising, and it's priced right. Do you know if this is plug and play, or does a load balancer and all sorts of wire hacking need to be done?

That looks really promising, and it's priced right. Do you know if this is plug and play, or does a load balancer and all sorts of wire hacking need to be done?

well its plug and play...kinda. they have a halo which looks to be separately wired and has to be spliced on. but the actual headlight looks like an H4 connector. I guess if you don't want the halo then it's pure plug and play but they don't have enough data on their site. nor do they say if the aux lights are 880 connectors or need splicing/adapting.

http://www.longrideshields.com/product_p/light-pack-led.htm

well its plug and play...kinda. they have a halo which looks to be separately wired and has to be spliced on. but the actual headlight looks like an H4 connector. I guess if you don't want the halo then it's pure plug and play but they don't have enough data on their site. nor do they say if the aux lights are 880 connectors or need splicing/adapting.

http://www.longrideshields.com/product_p/light-pack-led.htm

Thanks for the info. I'd be ok if I had to splice the one halo wire. What about needing a load balancer, since it is LED, or is that just for lights that blink like the turn signals?

Equalizers are just for turn signals usually as thermal flashers don't act right with them. If LRS did their job, the can bus system will have enough of a load on the led headlight to avoid triggering a headlight out error code.

Equalizers are just for turn signals usually as thermal flashers don't act right with them. If LRS did their job, the can bus system will have enough of a load on the led headlight to avoid triggering a headlight out error code.

Awesome. Man, seems like a really nice product at a great price. Kinda like their windshields.

Just ordered it. It's on sale right now. Can't beat it, and it includes the wiring adapter plug and a mounting bracket if necessary. No tax, and shipping was 12 bucks

Haha I was about to say if you want to see some more pics of it, wait about a week as I just ordered it too. I got the aux lights with halos too

Haha I was about to say if you want to see some more pics of it, wait about a week as I just ordered it too. I got the aux lights with halos too

Awesome. I'm excited. After all the stuff I have added to my bike, I only have one part on my bike that isn't Harley, and it's my LRS windshield. I made an exception on that, and I'm glad I did. Better product than anything Harley offered, and less expensive to boot. Because of that, I'm willing to make another exception and get an LRS headlight, and I'm sure I will be equally as impressed.

I just installed The HogWorz LED With Halo ring. The LED matches perfectly with the Dynamic Rings from Custom Dynamics. Install was easy and Quick.

I just installed The HogWorz LED With Halo ring. The LED matches perfectly with the Dynamic Rings from Custom Dynamics. Install was easy and Quick.

Looks nice.

I'm running the HOGWORKZ without the halo. It's working out great so far no issues
f84ef511d74219425ad4b3d60ddef109.jpg
8361a716f17a62d4f37fba501329967e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the HOGWORKZ without the halo. It's working out great so far no issues
f84ef511d74219425ad4b3d60ddef109.jpg
8361a716f17a62d4f37fba501329967e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also have a hogworkz head light but with out the halo and it works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdsmojo