Best LED headlight

I stayed ALL Custom Dynamics and went with their HALO True Beam headlight to match my dynamic ring turn signals. It also comes with lifetime replacement guarantee. With my 15% dealer discount it was much less than the HD Daymaker. You can see the ring reflection on the fender. After I sold my Daymaker it made it really cheap!! :cool:

Untitled.png CDring.jpg

seems like to get an LED light setup with headlight and passing lamps (plus mounting hardware) I will be in over 1K. Is it really worth it? thats not even including going with LED tail lights or any accs. lights. I think they look great and I do want a black headlight but its hard to rationalize spending that much on headlights when I can add bag speakers or adding perfomance to the bike. The M8 already had balls but cant hurt to have a bigger set! Its hard to decide where to spend the money.

BirdsOnFIRE- A dilemma we all face for sure; wallet is smaller than our imaginations. I'm assuming you're talking $1k using new OEM stuff.
An optional plan would be to try and purchase the hardware used off eBay
and then do aftermarket bulbs elsewhere. You might luck out and find a complete pre-owned set if you keep looking!

It all depends on your priorities. I am big into lighting and lights help me see and be seen. It sure as hell ain't cheap but I'm glad I did it, I was really disappointed with the stock head lamp (and even worried riding thru the mountains at night, fearing big suicidal critters) but now I can see the road and shoulders better than ever before. And on top of that, I hope more people will see that beacon of daylight coming up in their mirror.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

It all depends on your priorities. I am big into lighting and lights help me see and be seen. It sure as hell ain't cheap but I'm glad I did it, I was really disappointed with the stock head lamp (and even worried riding thru the mountains at night, fearing big suicidal critters) but now I can see the road and shoulders better than ever before. And on top of that, I hope more people will see that beacon of daylight coming up in their mirror.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Ditto AZ ! :cool:

seems like to get an LED light setup with headlight and passing lamps (plus mounting hardware) I will be in over 1K. Is it really worth it? thats not even including going with LED tail lights or any accs. lights. I think they look great and I do want a black headlight but its hard to rationalize spending that much on headlights when I can add bag speakers or adding perfomance to the bike. The M8 already had balls but cant hurt to have a bigger set! Its hard to decide where to spend the money.

BirdsOnFIRE- A dilemma we all face for sure; wallet is smaller than our imaginations. I'm assuming you're talking $1k using new OEM stuff.
An optional plan would be to try and purchase the hardware used off eBay
and then do aftermarket bulbs elsewhere. You might luck out and find a complete pre-owned set if you keep looking!

how did someone post inside of my post?

I definitely value being seen and seeing better, don't get me wrong. Its just such a huge investment already. I will keep my eyes out for used setups for sure!!! please let me know if you see any as well!!

I see there's now Chinese knock-offs of the JW Speaker Adaptive Headlight bulb for under $100 on Fleabay. Much easier on the wallet than the $700-$800 JW's. No ratings on them yet. If I start seeing good reviews, I'll probably try one for that price.

I was trying to install the Custom Dynamics TruBeam on my 2017 FLHXS this morning and the wiring adapter they recommend won't work. I have two plugs for the headlight. One for the high beam and one for the low. Looking at their website it looks as if I would need the adapter for the Road King. I'm surprised they didn't know this, and didn't tell me when I ordered. I guess I have to put it back together and wait for the other adapter.

I was trying to install the Custom Dynamics TruBeam on my 2017 FLHXS this morning and the wiring adapter they recommend won't work. I have two plugs for the headlight. One for the high beam and one for the low. Looking at their website it looks as if I would need the adapter for the Road King. I'm surprised they didn't know this, and didn't tell me when I ordered. I guess I have to put it back together and wait for the other adapter.

If you follow the leads up they connect to the harness together right under the amp tray. You should be able to disconnect the old one there and connect the new one. Just did this on mine.

I have the head light working, but now the garage door opener doesn't work. If I disconnect the headlight the door opener works but once I have the light plugged in it won't activate the door opener. Could it be a voltage draw problem?

I just installed this same light on my 2017 FLHXS and used the RECOMMENDED optional HD OEM H4 adapter pigtail and it works perfectly. It also has a separate wire for the Halo which stays on during both Hi and Lo operation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 1.21.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 1.21.34 PM.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
I just installed this same light on my 2017 FLHXS and used the RECOMMENDED optional HD OEM H4 adapter pigtail and it works perfectly. It also has a separate wire for the Halo which stays on during both Hi and Lo operation.

Thanks, Timcza put me on the right path. I just have to figure out why the HD door opener won't work with the headlight plugged in.

I looked for the JW Speaker Evo2 on Amazon for my 2013 FLHX but didn't see anything, it should fit my ride right? I want to swap the Headlight and add passing lamps too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy2000