Cooling Harley engine

I don't guess the comparison matters to me since Wards can't meet demand. When I am in the market for something "check back in 1/2 a year and I might have 1 for you" is not an answer that inspires me to wait with crossed fingers. Wanted one but I'm moving on.

Especially the kind of price they are asking.....I hear ya!

Yeah I think Love Jugs did it for the aesthetics and option of a smaller fan that some prefer but made their mighty mite version stronger. Plus to throw it in the face that they have a patent and Wards doesn't. Also on their website they say the mighty mite is not as strong at pushing air as the cool master love jugs. I was looking for CFM rating on the fans but couldn't find it on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only care that fans I purchase will do the job by not allowing my bike to get hot during stop & go.....if the bigger fans will do what it needs to do in my area then that's what I will get.....so I guess size matter.....LOL!!!!!

I think i would take a good look at the tune in the bike first. I lean motor is a hot motor for sure. As far as oil goes i did run a couple of my own test a few years ago on a 110 ci motor built by Chris Rivas. I did install a factory oil cooler on this bike ( 03 night train). It gets into the low 100's here so heat always a concern. I changed the dip stick in the oil bag to one with a temp gage on it. My oil temp never got above 229 deg running Red Line 20/50 full syn. On one oil change i could not find or get the Red Line in time so put in Lucas 20/50 full syn and my oil temp went up 6 deg. Same motor, same time of year and outside temp. I tried again with Royal Purple and it was even worse and pulled that stuff out the very next day. So no this test was not overly scientific it was real world results. So in short i would say there is some benefit to a good oil and its cooling properties and all syn oils are not created equal.

I have never run a fan on any of my motors here but i surely cant hurt other than being unsightly in my opinion.

I have not got my bike back out on the road since I have been back from Laughlin trip (still recovering...LOL), I am going to this weekend as there is a Poker run that I am riding along with some friends. Temp will be up close to 100 degree so it'll be the perfect time to test my system out after thermal switch been replaced. I tested with test kit provided by UltraCool and worked.....now just have to get the bike out in the real world and do the real testing......it should work so I will report back with my findings.

Temp here in AZ is getting up but this week went back down to 80s......so nice, will miss it once all that coolness is gone.....for about 4 months anyway..... :-(

Hulkss, Any updates on the smaller fans from love jugs?

Yes, they are very similar to Wards Parts Werks Fans. I am using the Mighty-Might fans as they came pre-wired and they stand off a little further from the engine so they don't have to run all the time to avoid over heating of the fans. I posted about them here: Fans

I have not got my bike back out on the road since I have been back from Laughlin trip (still recovering...LOL), I am going to this weekend as there is a Poker run that I am riding along with some friends. Temp will be up close to 100 degree so it'll be the perfect time to test my system out after thermal switch been replaced. I tested with test kit provided by UltraCool and worked.....now just have to get the bike out in the real world and do the real testing......it should work so I will report back with my findings.

Temp here in AZ is getting up but this week went back down to 80s......so nice, will miss it once all that coolness is gone.....for about 4 months anyway..... :

Update on my bike with UltraCool system, temp today is around 96 degree, did some riding with few friends doing Poker run.....UltraCool light came on and fans kicked in.....and few spots while we were riding temp got a bit hot and blue light stayed on and fans were doing what they are supposed to.....so it's working as it should now. I don't know if I will be riding anymore after 100 + degree this summer. But if I do my bike will be able to handle the heat. Oil temp stay below 220 now so I am very pleased.

Last edited:
BlkDragon, are you getting the fans for the jugs also? I'm still on the fence....

So I have a question about fans....where does the hot air go? My guess is on the inside bottom of your left thigh....thats gotta be uncomfortable.

Actually I've heard it gets pushed to your right thigh since the fans are mounted on the left side.

Actually I've heard it gets pushed to your right thigh since the fans are mounted on the left side.

That means with 2 to 1 exhaust system the left side will be hot like there is no tomorrow.....but at least the twins will be cooler.... :)

I don't notice any displaced heat on either leg from the fans. Even when parked with fans running, the only place I can definitely feel hot air flowing is forward.

Maybe after I lose the cat I'll be able to feel something but at this point I'm not worried.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jm- I also had the Rush True Dual headers (ceramic coating inside and out) on my 2014 and they REALLY did can the heat issues. I was pleasantly surprised!

I'm fighting the heat now also and see this seems to be one of the best things to do. My dealer had recommended Rush and I see many people use Fuel Moto and Fulsac head pipes. My question is what else did you have to do when you got your Rush headers? Did you have Harley tune it or did you wind up getting an FP3 or PV? Thanks.

I'm fighting the heat now also and see this seems to be one of the best things to do. My dealer had recommended Rush and I see many people use Fuel Moto and Fulsac head pipes. My question is what else did you have to do when you got your Rush headers? Did you have Harley tune it or did you wind up getting an FP3 or PV? Thanks.

I had Rush Ceramic Head pipe, Rush slip ons, SE tuner, SE air cleaner and had it Dyno'd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90