CycleSmith 13'

blkbrd

Feb 21, 2014
My install is almost complete. I just have to button everything up and tighten things down.

Anyone looking into the CycleSmith 13's, there were a few issues... The bars are actually 3/4 inch narrower than listed. I think they were listed at 15 3/4 at the base. When I measured them, they were only 15. My figures could be off, but I know that they were about 3/4 inch narrower. With that being said, The bars are as far forward as I could get them, until they hit the fairing. I did not want to shave plastic on my fairing to get them to fit correctly, so I just rolled them until they hit the fairing, then just a little farther. Other than that, the install went as expected. Here are some pics of where the bars are going to stay. I'm waiting on my black Harley mirrors to get here. I'm also removing the stock mirrors, which will be plugged.

bars4.jpgbars5.jpgbars6.jpg

Bars are on and I installed the Vied at 75% setting.
5abe7udu.jpg
dyza9y9a.jpg
reba4y5u.jpg
2ugyjudy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good, if you have some free time can you write up some directions on the vied-10.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Blkbrd how's the gas mileage with it set at 75%?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Absolutely kws64.

1) remove your driver right side hard bag. Remove your seat.
2) remove right side cover which is located in front of the hard bag. It's simple, pull each corner and the bottom and it pops out.
3) the o2 sensor clips (gray and black) are located right in front of you when you take the cover off.
4) unclip o2 sensor plug and clip in the Vied (gray to gray and black to black)
5) attach ground wires to the negative battery terminal
6) zip tie the Vied and ground wires to stabilize them so they don't bounce around.
7) dial Vied to desired setting. I set mine to 60% first. I went for a ride and still had some decel pop so I turned them to 75% and it's about right.
8) put everything back together and ride!

It's a simple process. Maybe 10 minutes tops.

Blkbrd how's the gas mileage with it set at 75%?

I really can't comment because I didn't ride for more than a mile once I put them in. I just finished my bars and put the vied on after. I took a test ride, but it's still winter here and the roads were wet so I didn't go far.

Set mine at 65%. Runs awesome but I'm only getting little over 200 miles a tank that's like 33 miles a gallon that's horrible right?

I guess it depends. Are you riding solo or two up? What mods, as far as motor wise, have you done? How hard do you ride? Throttle happy or mellow? There are so many factors that could effect it. As far as a lightly modified bike, you should be getting more than 33.

Shoot that's what I thought gonna set it at 50% and see what I get in performance and mileage. And yes I do ride a little throttle happy!! Haha!!

As do I. I didn't buy a 103 to drive Miss Daisy!

No problem. If you check YouTube, there's a link for a video of a guy installing them on a 2013 road king. I watched it before I did mine and it's exactly how to install them on a street glide

I do have cfr slip ons, genuine cfr's, not ko's. I love those pipes. Nothing sounds like them and not too many people have them around where I live.

that's what i seen too, I zoomed in and i don't see the CFR on it, so i think there the KO CFR.

Whats your thought of those pipes?

Must be the way the pic was taken. I'll put up one tomorrow where you can see they are cfr.

Im waiting for the dealership to put on my wild one 12.5 apes, they are almost exactly like your cycle smith and as soon as it's warm enough to bring home I'm putting on my cfr pipes, i will do the vied-10 also but for the 14's the only price i see is over 200 bucks.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Noooooo! I just bought my Vied's two weeks ago. 126 shipped. Let me try to take a screen shot of my order...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuffy 53