From ________ to Streetglide?

bad8119b4d1c82bed19d02891ef715f5.jpg

My old black dyna street bob and the new blue Street Glide I replaced it with.

-Superior Blue 2017 Street Glide Special
-7" Sunpie Projector Headlight
-TAB Performance B.A.M. Sticks 4" Slip Ons Zombie Baffles
-Khrome Werks +2 Narrow Bars
-Custom Dynamics Front & Rear Turn Signal Inserts
-Kuryakyn's Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector
-Harley Adjustable Driver Backrest
-Long Ride Shield Recurve 7"
-Dark Smoke Air Deflectors
-Harley Upgraded Tri Bar

Traded my wife's 2014 Dyna Lowrider for my 2017 FLHX.
Kept my 2008 Dyna Fatbob and she's riding that now.

First bike was a 1959 Cushman, then 250 Benelli, chopped 450 Honda, Suzuki Marauder, VTX 1300S, 2017 SGS. Rode the VTX for 10 years. Don't miss it a bit after riding the SGS for a couple of weeks.

Never owned a jap bike. 2 883s, 1200 custom , flhtc and then sgs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Never owned a jap bike. 2 883s, 1200 custom , flhtc and then sgs.

This post makes me laugh every time I look at this thread. I'm getting the feeling you are not a fan of them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did everyone on here choose the Streetglide from other Harleys or did anyone come from metrics? I am looking at a SG or RG and I ride a Vstar1300. What should I expect that would be different from my current ride? I definitely am looking forward to 6th gear and the aftermarket world! I love to customize and my Yamaha doesn't have anything special unless I want a to look like a total Harley knock off.

I have a FatBoy I e ridden for a few years and recently bought. 2016 StreetGlide. Wow what a difference in comfort. However I had the bars raised and a hammock seat put on for the wife but I feel so much more comfortable on the StreetGlide, even with stock seat. Very happy with the Rushmore upgrades they did after 2014 as well. I can ride it all day without being sore.

I have a 2017 FLHXS with a 107 inch M8, but I had a 2014 FLHXS with a 103 inch TC for a little more than two years before that. I crashed it with 45K miles on it, but I loved every mile - except the last one. Prior to that I had a 2007 FLHR with a 96 inch TC, and before that I had a Sporty. All have been great bikes, but the new M8 is light years ahead of the Twin-Cam. I love my SGS, but I'd probably love a Road Glide, too.

This post makes me laugh every time I look at this thread. I'm getting the feeling you are not a fan of them [emoji23]

Not at all. They've tried to put us out of business at every turn. I have taken a few hap bikes for a ride, and I laugh every time I see one or hear one. Kinda like a corvette vs Hyundai kinda feeling.

Not at all. They've tried to put us out of business at every turn. I have taken a few hap bikes for a ride, and I laugh every time I see one or hear one. Kinda like a corvette vs Hyundai kinda feeling.

True but that's just business. I loved my Yamaha R1 and if I could afford to have that and my Harley I still would. They're both great for different reasons.

I never would get rid on my street glide though.

Can't support foreign owned bikes. I am a patriot all my vehicles are USA owned, built. Only support American.

Just because people own a foreign bike doesn't make them any less of a patriot. I would never get a foreign car but there isn't any American made bikes that really compete with Japanese sport bikes.

If you own a foreign bike , your not a patriot. The lightning electric bike is a sport bike made in USA and is faster than all foreign sport bikes. Then there is the Eric buell racing bikes. I know this because I am a patriot.

If you own a foreign bike , your not a patriot. The lightning electric bike is a sport bike made in USA and is faster than all foreign sport bikes. Then there is the Eric buell racing bikes. I know this because I am a patriot.

I did 4 years in the Marine Corps and a combat tour in Afghanistan. Must not be a patriot though.

Got a brother in law fought in Afghanistan and thinks we're wrong for being there, he bought a Subaru. He's not a patriot. But you said we don't make sport bikes fast enough and as a patriot I proved you wrong. Sounds like you can't handle being wrong.

Got a brother in law fought in Afghanistan and thinks we're wrong for being there, he bought a Subaru. He's not a patriot. But you said we don't make sport bikes fast enough and as a patriot I proved you wrong. Sounds like you can't handle being wrong.

Thanks for learning me good. I wasn't really wrong because the lightning isn't a bike for the average joe or for most men period due to the fact that it's ELECTRIC. Just not my cup of tea. And sorry to hear your brother in law didn't think we should be there. I wasn't there because I did it did not believe we should be there. I was there to serve my country and fight with my brothers.

Hey thanks for your service, but you can still
get an ebr bike for rice burner money. Same performance. Can't wrap my head around a patriot riding foreign. Would be like Willie g riding a gold wing. Makes no sense. Hey enjoy the glide. You made the right choice!

There's always an excuse with the rice burner crowd. Too expensive,not enough plastic etc.. I say support the country you live in or live in the country you support. God bless the U.S.A.

Hey thanks for your service, but you can still
get an ebr bike for rice burner money. Same performance. Can't wrap my head around a patriot riding foreign. Would be like Willie g riding a gold wing. Makes no sense. Hey enjoy the glide. You made the right choice!

I had a great time. I'll just say we're going to have to agree to disagree. Japan makes great sport bikes. Unless you buy EVERYTHING only made in America then it's no different. I bought my old bike second hand so the money went to an American company. Nothing went back to Japan.

Why is it that if someone has a bmw for example, it's a German bike. The bmw has parts from Japan, Mexico China USA. But if 88% of my Harley is us made its not an american bike. Crazy thinking, not that your saying that. Anyway good discussion, I'm going for a ride. Keep the shiny side up!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tulsa