J&M Audio Corp is at Street Vibrations Reno NV... my take...

Spazz

Administrator
Feb 22, 2014
I spent a bit of time at J&M's booth at Chester's Reno HD. I had to.. I am an old school car audio buff and wanted first-hand info with a real-life demo.. not an online video.

After talking with Thomas ( one of their very knowledgeable techs ) he knew I had a background with some of my questions. He was more than willing to answer all my questions with complete honesty... even about competitors's products when I asked.. and he was not 'selling' me J&M with answers... I liked that a lot.

I listened to a 14 SG with 6.6" fairings, 6.6" in the lowers and 5x7's in the lids on the 6.5 Boom with the Rokker 500 watt 4 channel amp. Yes... 6 speakers on a 4 channel amp.... it's all in the wiring of the speakers and the DSP program installed in the amp. I won't get into that, but it's really easy in regard to the wiring and download.

This bike ROCKED! Nothing online gives you the true performance and sound from the moderately deep base and crisp high tones you can hear in person.

There are many design factors that J&M put into their speakers ( and amps ) that I was unaware of until now. I am impressed to say the least.

knowing what I know now... I would be hard pressed to get anything else... I won't 'settle' for less at this point....

Quality ain't cheap and cheap ain't quality.... that's for sure.

Thanks for the info.

I plan on upgrading sometime over the winter an prefer to only have to do it once.

I'll just keep an eye on how you move forward and copy. lol
I know you research things before purchasing.

Get on your bad motor scooter and ride

I already have an Arc Audio 125.2 I purchased a while back. Thomas at J&M reassured me that this a a GREAT amp and would push the 6.6" really good. So my first step will be one set of 6.6" for the fairing... then a Magic Box to run the amp. From there.. I am debating on a few options... purchasing lowers to run another set of 6.6" or lids.... I am leaning towards the lowers. Then another set of 6.6" and then the 500 watt Rokker amp. This will be a while of course... stages.

Attachments

• 20140914_070845.jpg
    20140914_070845.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
Spazz- Thanks for sharing the audio info. J&M would be my choice for "stage 1 fairing mods" and for "stage 2" I'd go with the lowers & speaker instead of lids/speakers setup. I'll be paying close attention to your progress and hope to see the results in person sometime.

I met up with TomA from Battle Mountain yesterday and today to hang out. I brought him over to J&M's trailer to show him first-hand the EXACT setup on a 2014... he was blown away ( as was I )

We have been hangin out all over Street Vibrations since.... having a GREAT time!!!!

I went with the J&M 250w 2 channel & 6.65 faring speakers, am very happy with them. I went with the 2 channel because I don't plan an adding any more speakers. If I did add speakers I would add the lowers before the lids, the lids are behind you and the Lowers are in front.

Like you I don't plan on adding more speakers
Would just like better in the fairing with a little extra push going to them.

Get on your bad motor scooter and ride

I spent a bit of time at J&M's booth at Chester's Reno HD. I had to.. I am an old school car audio buff and wanted first-hand info with a real-life demo.. not an online video.

After talking with Thomas ( one of their very knowledgeable techs ) he knew I had a background with some of my questions. He was more than willing to answer all my questions with complete honesty... even about competitors's products when I asked.. and he was not 'selling' me J&M with answers... I liked that a lot.

I listened to a 14 SG with 6.6" fairings, 6.6" in the lowers and 5x7's in the lids on the 6.5 Boom with the Rokker 500 watt 4 channel amp. Yes... 6 speakers on a 4 channel amp.... it's all in the wiring of the speakers and the DSP program installed in the amp. I won't get into that, but it's really easy in regard to the wiring and download.

This bike ROCKED! Nothing online gives you the true performance and sound from the moderately deep base and crisp high tones you can hear in person.

There are many design factors that J&M put into their speakers ( and amps ) that I was unaware of until now. I am impressed to say the least.

knowing what I know now... I would be hard pressed to get anything else... I won't 'settle' for less at this point....

Quality ain't cheap and cheap ain't quality.... that's for sure.

I have the j&m Rokker 500 amp with 4 speakers and at highway speeds of 85mph
I have to have my volume below 50% otherwise it's too loud! I love my j&ms
:)

I have the j&m Rokker 500 amp with 4 speakers and at highway speeds of 85mph
I have to have my volume below 50% otherwise it's too loud! I love my j&ms
:)
Thats what im talkin about!!

I went with the J&M 250w 2 channel & 6.65 faring speakers, am very happy with them. I went with the 2 channel because I don't plan an adding any more speakers. If I did add speakers I would add the lowers before the lids, the lids are behind you and the Lowers are in front.

I'm considering the same setup . . . .

WOW too many choices for these stereo upgrades. Spent some time With Spazz looking at the J&M system and just blew me away. Thinking about it now will just add the lowers and not the bag speakers and do the 500 amp and speakers. May order and have my buddy help install this winter (Spazz) if not will get it done in April at Arizona bike week.

Had a blast hanging out with Spazz and checking out all the different vender's all except for the weather but you can't let a little rain ruin your time suit up and just ride.

WOW too many choices for these stereo upgrades. Spent some time With Spazz looking at the J&M system and just blew me away. Thinking about it now will just add the lowers and not the bag speakers and do the 500 amp and speakers. May order and have my buddy help install this winter (Spazz) if not will get it done in April at Arizona bike week.

Had a blast hanging out with Spazz and checking out all the different vender's all except for the weather but you can't let a little rain ruin your time suit up and just ride.
It was great hangin out all week! I would more than willing to do the install... just have to plan it out

Spazz-
I have the magic box and the rockford punch amp along with polk 6.5 faring - have you gotten the magic box yet just curious,if you have what are your settings on the amp?

Spazz-
I have the magic box and the rockford punch amp along with polk 6.5 faring - have you gotten the magic box yet just curious,if you have what are your settings on the amp?
Nothin yet man... other junk takin priority right now...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067