Let's see some Apes!

free ride

Jul 16, 2016
I am currently looking at some Wild1 reaper bagger apes. I'm just not sure if I want 10,12,or 14's. I'm open to other brands of bars but like the look of the wild 1's. Post up pics of you bike and what brand size you have.

Thanks, and happy riding.

Last edited:
10 LA Chopper prime apes

768aa3a4f167a01f2e2b8cb34585f668.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

12" Vindiktas. Here my suggestion to you, sit on the bike with your eyes closed and put your hands out to where their comfortable. That will help you determine which size bars to go with.
ae1d0d0b45437dc8cda17ee148e5c242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good pics, keep em coming!

I think it's going to be 12" bars, now to decide on a brand. Liking the Yaffe's a lot and still open to others. Any bars I should stay away from?

How tall, and are you very wide in the shoulders? I like how everyone always ask how tall you are, and never ask how wide are your shoulders. The vindikta's are 35.5" wide, and Yaffe's are 36" wide, while the bars I'm going with are Factory 47's 12" bars, they are 39"s wide. Since my shoulders are very wide, I think the wider bars are more for me. But how you said you like the Yaffe's, personally I world go with the Vindikta bars, bigger around, will give your bike a little bit more of a meaty look

20140517_121505.jpg
10" LA Chopper bagger bars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

N2DEEP, have you put the Factory 47 12" bars on yet? Are they the Assault bars?

Im also looking at the same bars, but it seems so many people who have the Yaffe's rave about how awesome they think they are. There is not a lot of reviews online regarding the Factory 47's.

I'm starting to wonder if the hype about the Yaffe bars, may be due to the brand name? With all the negative comments about poor customer service, back order stock, and issues regarding the burs that can tear up your wires when installing the internal wiring.

Anyone have some experience with either brand?

N2DEEP, have you put the Factory 47 12" bars on yet? Are they the Assault bars?

Im also looking at the same bars, but it seems so many people who have the Yaffe's rave about how awesome they think they are. There is not a lot of reviews online regarding the Factory 47's.

I'm starting to wonder if the hype about the Yaffe bars, may be due to the brand name? With all the negative comments about poor customer service, back order stock, and issues regarding the burs that can tear up your wires when installing the internal wiring.

Anyone have some experience with either brand?

I just installed mine last week, excellent build quality and easy to wire.

Factory 47 12" Assault bars.jpg

Nice! Did you need cable extensions?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

No extensions needed with the 8" Yaffe's. All you do is pop the mating plugs out of the plastic cable organizer under the radio so you get them closer the bars. The pics show Yaffe mirrors. They looked cool, but were useless as a mirror. I swapped the, out for some HD mirrors.

No extensions needed with the 8" Yaffe's. All you do is pop the mating plugs out of the plastic cable organizer under the radio so you get them closer the bars. The pics show Yaffe mirrors. They looked cool, but were useless as a mirror. I swapped the, out for some HD mirrors.
Thanks...I'm thinking about getting some mini apes and these might be the route I go. Did you need that handlebar damper kit?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Any more pics of 10" bars? I'm short 5'8" but have broad shoulders. Pretty sure I can do 12's but kind of want to keep my hands at or below the top of the fairing. Given that the wild1's are made local and close to me I'll most likely get the reaper bagger bars.

Any more pics of 10" bars? I'm short 5'8" but have broad shoulders. Pretty sure I can do 12's but kind of want to keep my hands at or below the top of the fairing. Given that the wild1's are made local and close to me I'll most likely get the reaper bagger bars.

I'm very broad shouldered as well which is why I went with the Factory 47 bars, they are 39" wide as opposed to the other bars that around 35-36" normally. The 12" Assault bars put your hands pretty much even with the top of the fairing (Similar to the Yaffee 10" bars).

Twin peaks 10"
IMG_1084.jpg

IMHO I don't think there is a "standard" on measuring bar height. I'm 5' 10" with a 34" inseam. My final decision came with the Yaffe 12" bars. My hands are level with my shoulders. These bars put my hands just above the batwing. The 10" bars would put my knuckles even with the batwing. I sat on friends bikes with different brand of bars, but I really like the look of the Yaffe bars and the spread of the hand position.

IMG_0800.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77