Let's see some Apes!

Thanks for the extra pics, did you have to change the clutch and brake lines?
What kind and size windshield is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to change clutch and brake lines with the bars being 12.5". Shield is a KlockWerks 6.5"

Had to change clutch and brake lines with the bars being 12.5". Shield is a KlockWerks 6.5"

Do you remember how many inches over stock you had to go with each one? Thanks

8 "Yaffes to short for anything taller.
LOL
Greg

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
GButler, do you still have use of the stock mirrors with the 8" bars? Are your hands still below the top of the fairing?

After riding a little bit with these 12.5" bars' wish i would have stuck with the 10" i originally purchased. These are a little uncomfortable, even after just 20 miles of riding. Took it to have the rear brakes done and my arms were fatigued! WTF :(

Joe. They may need to be adjusted back towards you a little

I couldn't see bringing them back anymore than they already are. Pretty close as it is. I have decent arm bend and can turn all the way to each side with little reach. I'll just have to get used to them, at least until i trade this bike in on a 2018

That's weird. Got any pics from the side to see the bars??
Is it feeling like you're too stretched out???

I dont feel I'm too stretched, its just higher than i should have got. 12.5" vs 10" id go with 10 next time, still might take these off at the end of the season and have some 10's put on. IMGL6521.jpgIMGL6521.jpgIMGL6521.jpgIMGL6521.jpg

Jarv, you got a pic from the side of your prime apes? I would like to see the clearance from the fairing face to the bars. Im looking for bars that extend the line of the front forks upward if that makes since. And provide lots of pull back. From the website it looks like the primes have the least amount of forward bend which would accomplish my goal. Thx .

e27e99a751fc559a6ef33e8645a83fa6.jpg
16” monkey bars

Anybody have any input on KST Kustom Mayhem bar quality? They have polished ss vs. chrome. Thinking 12" would work.

I know it sure helped me and a couple years ago I wouldn't even think about them. Rode a bike with 14s for a hundred miles or so and changed my mind. 16s will probably work so keep us posted on what you end up getting

Well, it’s a bit passed due but I did get to put on my bars a year ago..... I ended up doing a set of Paul Yaffe 16’s and I the only regret is that I wish I would have done them 2 years sooner lol! I love them! Look good and so comfortable and fun to ride [emoji41]
e173be642462a98a57c522c194225f6a.jpg
2f8ae423dd1a889f89bd1d5caed144de.jpg

Happy to see you finally got it done. How's your back and shoulder pain now or did it go away. What kind of lights do you have on the highway bar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77