Let's see some Apes!

Cornbread the bars look great. What kind of running lights do you have rigged up there on the crash bar?? Looks like they would really light things up.

Thanks TomA and Hurricane, I really love them and they are so comfortable for me! I done it this last September. I’ve been working up in Ohio and West Virginia since right after I bought the bike in 14. I live in central Oklahoma and I hauled my bike down when I took one of my trucks down there to leave at home and I decided to put the bars at the last min before I left coming back to Ohio. Well, by the time I got done putting them on and said my goodbyes and got on the road I was running later than I should have. So I road 1,052 mi back to east Ohio over night and got back just in time to show up 15 min till work started and then worked a 12hr day (driving 412 mi) as soon as I got here. I felt good and really enjoyed the ride! I was so happy that when my wife and I got off work that day, (we work together at the same job) we even went for 120 mi evening ride before we went home. [emoji1787] 1,584 mi in 30 hours was a long day lol but I enjoyed it!
The lights I have on the crash bar are just some $20 7” led light bars (spot pattern) I ordered on eBay an just bolted them on a set of regular chrome foot peg brackets and hooked them into the high beam at the plug adapter where the day maker headlight plugs in (and used a set of weathertight plugins to make them removable). So they just come on with my high beam. They REALLY light up good and you can see everything from ditch to ditch and up on the trees overhead! Takes out the blind black area above where the daymaker shines at in the curves at night. I put them on back in 2015 and love them! Whenever it gets dark, everyone wants me up front because they are so bright and you can see so well. It don’t take but just a split second for on coming traffic to dim their lights when I hit the high beam lol![emoji23] I’ve also avoided a few animal incidents at night with them because you can see really well and they also light up any reflective objects like animal eyes. Now I just haven’t done it yet but I’ve intended on taking them off to remove to two end caps off of them and take a sand paper wheel on a grinder and lightly run across the cooling fins on the back to knock the paint off the fins and then they will look just like the stock cylinders and heads on the engine, black with shiny fin edges. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77