Post your new 2016 here with photos!!!

b06c8d0267681542b009a3094621d8ac.jpg
ea1f621b31e5497e0484a0cdc065988a.jpg

fa59b7a4b0993b5ea2c7d818aa8a9d62.jpg
. Have to say owning my first HARLEY CVO Street glide ever and I went all the way no regrets. It handles like cutting through ice on skates so graceful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALittleton,

Are those 12" Yaffe Monkey bars? I'm leaning toward the 12" so I can hopefully keep the OEM fairing mirrors. How are they working out for you by the way?

Iron Horse

Yes, they are 12' yaffe monkey bars. I think that 12" is the best all around size. You keep stock brake/clutch lines and can still use the mirrors perfectly. I'm 6'2" and think the 14's would be too awkward with full turn maneuvers and make my arms fall asleep on long rides.

I do recommend getting the wire extensions from NAMZ. You can do it without them but you have to unplug wires and put them in places they weren't meant to be. Just do the 10-12 extensions and you'll be happy. Good luck.

fa59b7a4b0993b5ea2c7d818aa8a9d62.jpg
. Have to say owning my first HARLEY CVO Street glide ever and I went all the way no regrets. It handles like cutting through ice on skates so graceful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montec- If that little cutie atop the bike needs an extra Papaw, I'm available!

Yes, they are 12' yaffe monkey bars. I think that 12" is the best all around size. You keep stock brake/clutch lines and can still use the mirrors perfectly. I'm 6'2" and think the 14's would be too awkward with full turn maneuvers and make my arms fall asleep on long rides.

I do recommend getting the wire extensions from NAMZ. You can do it without them but you have to unplug wires and put them in places they weren't meant to be. Just do the 10-12 extensions and you'll be happy. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I'm 5'11" so the mirrors staying will cut overall costs. I'm considering installing the bars myself after watching the in-depth 42 min. YouTube video by "Rumbling Rider". It'll be a few weeks or more before I pull the trigger on these, but your pictures helped me decide.

You may be interested in the Maxi-View Blind Spot mirrors I added to my SGS before the recent road trip to Daytona Bike Week. Adjusted properly they were awesome while traveling I-95. I stuck them to the inside lower edge since that's where my hands were in the view. Upon return, I used Thin Super Glue to lock them in place. Amazon sells for $29.
57084c350b655a4a32a8871985e5cc3c.jpg

I'm 5'9 and with 12" yaffe bars it's extremely hard to use stock mirrors. Maybe if you have very long arms and can move them all wall forward you might get little better view

No problem. I too used that video. Took me about seven hours to get it done.

I am more than happy with the bar/mirror combo and have no issues. I can see everything Id need to see. No joke. It's like the bike was made for 12's.

When I installed mine I used a small level and tightened the bars perfectly vertical.

I'm 5'9 and with 12" yaffe bars it's extremely hard to use stock mirrors. Maybe if you have very long arms and can move them all wall forward you might get little better view

Actually I do have long arms and I know I'd be lucky for the stock mirrors to be usable without some drawbacks. I frequently ride in 40 degree and rising temperatures, so I'll need to use the heated grips due to the extra wind. But in milder weather, I suspect they're good.

WaterBoy, did you install your 12" Yaffe bars yourself?

No problem. I too used that video. Took me about seven hours to get it done.

I am more than happy with the bar/mirror combo and have no issues. I can see everything Id need to see. No joke. It's like the bike was made for 12's.

When I installed mine I used a small level and tightened the bars perfectly vertical.

Thanks, I'll shoot for vertical as well. I definitely have the patience to do the install. Although we all have to know which jobs to take to the dealer. Many on the SGF like you give me confidence on this one, plus we gotta save labor costs when we can. Thanks for the input ALittleton.

Thanks, I'll shoot for vertical as well. I definitely have the patience to do the install. Although we all have to know which jobs to take to the dealer. Many on the SGF like you give me confidence on this one, plus we gotta save labor costs when we can. Thanks for the input ALittleton.

For sure man. By no means is the job difficult. It's just time consuming. Probably because it was my first time and I was trying to be easy with everything. It's definitely a job you can do.

Impatiently waiting on Boss FatCat, Arlen Ness Big Sucker and SERT Tune.. Very impatiently.

593f9d5d245f9a5caebfced5f01925d2.jpg
821ecbe154f53c3f49c31180d2dfc5c7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice color Halstead but I may be bias and that green is cool Rich. Welcome to the fun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave