shortguy's '14 SGS Build

shortguy

Jul 28, 2014
Figured I would start a build thread for a couple reasons. One to show off my baby and another to keep track of what has been done. Just starting so there is plenty more coming after this initial post. Have just over 200 miles on the scoot right now. Being deployed doesn't give me the option to give it the love it deserves.

Stock form on the lift ready to tear into it

Seat removed and a shot of the sissy bar

Wild1 Chubby's 12.5" in black

Ness Black Edge Cut Comfort Grips

Nice bars and love the grips I have the same

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fun removing those speaker boxes lol but worth it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The boxes were easy. Almost too easy. That being said I didn't do it lol. My buddy (vicfxr) offered to do it for me. Still stuck here in Afghanistan playing war. Just can't wait to get home to ride that thing. I have more stuff in the garage waiting for me to get home to put on. Luckily I will be home for Christmas this year and do some work. AZ is warm enough to ride then too. It's a win/win.

Updated pic with everything put back together. The black bars really do a lot for the charcoal pearl.

Stay safe over there. Your lucky you didn't have to pull those speaker pods. They are a big pain in the a$$.

for now I will stick with stock mirrors. After a couple rides I will decide to keep or go with bar mounted. I like the bars clean and uncluttered but I like safety more. We will see.

I hear the pods are a PITA. Rick (vicfxr) has done then a few times and has tricks but hates to do them. Biggest issue was the NAMZ electrical extender was pinned wrong. He figured it out after about 4-5 hours. The right switch cluster didn't work until he found the pin issue.

Made it back to the states for a few days due to death in the family. At least my bike listened to all my problems and helped me mourn a little. I also spent some time in the garage making her look better.

Installed all CD turn signals with smoked lenses with tri-bar, 8" plasma rods, threw on some accent lights (wife said I needed them), HD Edge cut levers, 7" wind splitter, finned headbolt bridge, Black daymaker, black headlight trim ring, Ness beveled AC, FP3, removed front fork reflectors, blacked out bag reflectors. Here is a few pics.

Need some moar black parts. Still looking to get front end kit, engine covers, lots of other chrome pieces powdercoated, pipes, things like that.

Sorry for your loss.... sled is looking good....

Be safe.......

Sorry for your loss. How do you like those grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Spazz, bryan

I dig the grips, they took a couple miles to adjust to. Think I made the right choice.

I have the same grips in Chrome... LOVE them... no cramping up with being oversized

nice looking bike and sorry for your loss, even though I am in Australia thanks for your service for helping to keep us all safe,
Steve.

That is a sick looking ride shortguy keep going with the black parts the more you put on the better it will get. Have been doing a lot of the same stuff. Sorry for your loss will keep you and your family in my prayers. And thank you for you service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taz107