shortguy's '14 SGS Build

Shortguy, another question, did your hertz speakers mount inside or outside the pod? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nope, the boxes are not air tight to begin with and these speakers are free air speakers. Honestly, I will be pulling the speaker pods out and replacing with the bracket that BT makes. My sound guy told me he had identical systems in the same bike, one with pods and one without..... he could not hear a difference. If you had a speaker that required a certain amount of airspace, like a subwoofer, the there would be need to have an air tight enclosure based off the specifications for that speaker. Most all the midrange stuff you buy are open space speakers.

All that said, I did have to drill a hole in the throttle side to fit the ST25 horn lol.

I do not think my speakers will heat up that much where some vent holes in the pods would do them any good either. Outer and inner fairing are sealed for the most part and not much air moving around there for me to do anything.

With all that said, this is just what I wanted to do and I will not hate on anyone who thinks venting pods or dynamtting pods make a huge difference. Everyone does what they want to their own bike for their own reasons. I am sure some people hate the fact I ripped out the navigation unit for a "cheap" Sony.

And to close this up, I will be happy to let anyone hear this setup if the happen to run by AZ bike week. I might even have a beverage for them

Nice job on system upgrades .. A double din will fit if you modify that metra faceplate and tuck the"info monitor screen" in the right storage compartment . I will post pics of my install in a couple weeks when it's finished. I bet it rocks from that "cheap head unit" with clean output! . I'll be running JL 8.8 s in speaker lids and C2 in lower and uppers. Rock Out

Nice job on system upgrades .. A double din will fit if you modify that metra faceplate and tuck the"info monitor screen" in the right storage compartment . I will post pics of my install in a couple weeks when it's finished. I bet it rocks from that "cheap head unit" with clean output! . I'll be running JL 8.8 s in speaker lids and C2 in lower and uppers. Rock Out
Nice, that should rock too. I have the c2s in my Tahoe and they scream. I will end up doing something to the bags, just unsure for now. I had seen a couple guys do the double din, I just didn't want all that. I'll be eyes open for your finished build.

Got a first hand look at this bike last week and she's a beauty. Not sure if you have posted the pictures of the pin stripping yet but that really sets that color off.

Got a first hand look at this bike last week and she's a beauty. Not sure if you have posted the pictures of the pin stripping yet but that really sets that color off.
I have not posted the striping yet but here she is. A little dirty since they put us in a dirt lot and it poured rain the night before. They told me to wait a few days before washing it so the paint wouldn't get jacked up.

I covered the black factory pinstripe with orange and he threw in a small design up front for free.

It was a pleasure meeting you Tom and your wife too.

uploadfromtaptalk1460498268655.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460498268655.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460498285851.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460498292850.jpg

If I get some time later I will try and upload the ones I took. Was good meeting you and Mike and I hope the rest of the weekend was good. Got pretty wet leaving Sunday up to about Kingman then dry until Vegas. Got wet again headed north in Nevada and the wife got a good taste of a hail storm crossing Austin summit. I was in 1st and 2nd gear with her laughing behind me on the head set with her 3/4 helmet and rain suit.

Yeah weather was rough on sunday. At least the wifey has a sense of humor lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ok let's see if these pictures will load.
d828e92fbe8aa8be85c99cf0742e50e9.jpg
3c38e00d06af9415f8e04ea2cea25468.jpg
5e78feb41e34b9f2850e7abbcba84274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tom

Ok I have to say the new pin stripping really makes this color pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tom

I'm assuming the pin striping is just vinyl placed over the factory striping?

Bike looks great all around!

No that is paint. I took the pictures while the paint was still drying. The tape works if your not sure about making the change permanent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90