shortguy's '14 SGS Build

thanks, i just keep plugging away, one smallish purchase at a time so the wife doesn't freak out lol. I just need more time at home, just broke 500 miles on her today.

How short is short? I have a 2015 Street Glide Special in Charcoal Pearl (awesome color) and I'm looking at the same bars. I'm 5'6" 160 pounds, 30-31" sleeve and 28-29" inseam. Any reach issues with those handlebars?

thanks, i just keep plugging away, one smallish purchase at a time so the wife doesn't freak out lol. I just need more time at home, just broke 500 miles on her today.

That's the way to do it shortguy. Nice pics too!

Really like the Charcoal Pearl with the Blacked out look. Your bike is really looking good.
Plan on added some of the same parts to my bike that you added. Nice pics
I'm also sorry for your loss riding does bring great therapy
Thanks for serving.

Well.... It's been a while since I have been on here. I have done a little more work since the last time I posted. Threw on JNR rear air ride, monotubes up front, windshield trim, dash, gas door, shift linkage, ingnition switch, matching horn kit, fullsac/RCX pipes, dechromed, curved license plate bracket. Snagged up some mustache bars. Put some monkey knobz for the extra security for the ol' saddle bags. Just had the bike picked up after doing valve springs, adjustable pushrods, SE585 cams as well. Went a different route for speakers and went with diamond micro4 and hertz hcx 165's for the fairing. Here are a couple updated pics.

Your bike looks sweet- also sounds like it sounds great and rides great.
Hertz and diamond micro is a great combo- how do you like it?

Shortguy, your bike looks great! You missed a piece of chrome on the seat stud though. LOL

David

Your bike looks sweet- also sounds like it sounds great and rides great.
Hertz and diamond micro is a great combo- how do you like it?

Actually not sure yet. Back in the sandbox and won't hear it for a few months still. Speakers are in work right now. Had the Rokker system and just needed a little more lol.

Shortguy, your bike looks great! You missed a piece of chrome on the seat stud though. LOL

David

haha, well see what happen was..... I put another seat on there. Forgot to add that in the previous post. It was reworked by MCC. Once I get home I will take care of that. Also the stabilizer on the front of the engine is not black as well as the tranny dipstick. Wanted to do the rotors as well but those were forgotten about. Whoops..

And the story continues.....

JH Choppers set of goodies (boards, pass pegs, cam cover, derby cover, shift linkange, heel/toe, bag latches), installed pics of the Hertz speakers. Picked up the Sony MEX and ditched the nav unit. This thing screams.... Debadged the tank as well.

Still need to black out that tab on the seat and the stabilizer, maybe I'll do that later today but probably not.

20160328_141625.jpg
20160328_141748.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice shortguy. Did you replace the clutch/brake cable or spray them? And how do like the Hertz 165's, was it bolt in fit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Looking killer shortguy.. Continue with the mod inspiration for me to drool over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice shortguy. Did you replace the clutch/brake cable or spray them? And how do like the Hertz 165's, was it bolt in fit?

The cables are replacements from harley. 165s scream, mostly midst and highs, not much bass. Can't hear the low frequencies at speed anyway. They bolt right into the newer fairings. It's the boxes that are a pain lol

Thanks for the feedback Shortguy, I'm waiting on my HCX to arrive and hopefully install this week.

Thanks for the feedback Shortguy, I'm waiting on my HCX to arrive and hopefully install this week.

No problem man, haven't heard anyone disappointed by hertz, especially with clean power

Shortguy, did you drill holes in your speaker boxes for venting?

Shortguy, did you drill holes in your speaker boxes for venting?

Nope, the boxes are not air tight to begin with and these speakers are free air speakers. Honestly, I will be pulling the speaker pods out and replacing with the bracket that BT makes. My sound guy told me he had identical systems in the same bike, one with pods and one without..... he could not hear a difference. If you had a speaker that required a certain amount of airspace, like a subwoofer, the there would be need to have an air tight enclosure based off the specifications for that speaker. Most all the midrange stuff you buy are open space speakers.

All that said, I did have to drill a hole in the throttle side to fit the ST25 horn lol.

I do not think my speakers will heat up that much where some vent holes in the pods would do them any good either. Outer and inner fairing are sealed for the most part and not much air moving around there for me to do anything.

With all that said, this is just what I wanted to do and I will not hate on anyone who thinks venting pods or dynamtting pods make a huge difference. Everyone does what they want to their own bike for their own reasons. I am sure some people hate the fact I ripped out the navigation unit for a "cheap" Sony.

And to close this up, I will be happy to let anyone hear this setup if the happen to run by AZ bike week. I might even have a beverage for them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90