shortguy's '14 SGS Build

September can not get here fast enough. Still playing in the sandbox but get to take another break in September to put a couple more miles on it.

No that is paint. I took the pictures while the paint was still drying. The tape works if your not sure about making the change permanent.

Nice, I believe I am going to go tape first to make sure I'll like it before I dish out the cash for paint. If you don't mind me asking, what did the pin striping run you?

Talked with a guy the other day that dose beautiful pin striping and he quoted me 300 to follow the stock lines. He would also throw in some fancy things with that price if I wanted. Have seen a lot of his work and it's all free hand.

I think it was $300 and he did a little extra on the front and did a helmet as well. Reasonable to me

Made it back to the states for a few days due to death in the family. At least my bike listened to all my problems and helped me mourn a little. I also spent some time in the garage making her look better.

Installed all CD turn signals with smoked lenses with tri-bar, 8" plasma rods, threw on some accent lights (wife said I needed them), HD Edge cut levers, 7" wind splitter, finned headbolt bridge, Black daymaker, black headlight trim ring, Ness beveled AC, FP3, removed front fork reflectors, blacked out bag reflectors. Here is a few pics.

Need some moar black parts. Still looking to get front end kit, engine covers, lots of other chrome pieces powdercoated, pipes, things like that.

Sorry for your loss, and thank you sir for your service. Wondering, did you black out the bag reflectors yourself or is that a replacement part?

Sorry for your loss, and thank you sir for your service. Wondering, did you black out the bag reflectors yourself or is that a replacement part?

I painted them. Thinking about it now, it was probably plasti-dip. I have since then swapped out the bag latches.

Shortguy....How'd you install the Headlight Trim? I am having a tough time using the original trim as HD instructions is suggesting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sucks, takes some patience getting it just right. A second set of hands help while trying to get it to grab the OEM trim while you toss the screw in there.

Couple more updates, 26" front wheel and body kit slapped on. Should be dropping off for paint in a week or two. She looks a little different now haha.
60143b653f9d506270f8c4dd127ed8c5.jpg
16bd76db335edbe9eaa005abeb1c69ac.jpg
b069f8a02b091c6f1b3e676865195f3a.jpg
09c03d397372232d4662df2e6c68b111.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wow that's a dramatic transition. Great looking bike before. I'm sure it'll be even better after!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taz107